• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pheromones, the common language of life?

Are we just unlucky to attract a whole range of critters, or would even one inside us make others join the party - by pheromones?

The helminths breeding cycle and their communication may be based on this.
on what else, btw?

Two out of perhaps 10 farmers on a forum reported, that after a certain multi-helminth treatment (particularly effective against flukes, all farmers used the same brand) their cattle was almost 'eaten alive' by lice, the following year.

This may have happened, because
  • the lice were already there and would spread more after helminths were gone or because
  • the cattle attracted the lice in some other way, perhaps through pheromones.
In addition, the cattle may be related and have a similar genetic thing or blood type.

Perhaps, the flukes sent some pheromonic emergency signals?

Or is it (some of ) us who produce these dooming pheromones, maybe our skin does ?
...due to genetics, blood type ?
Some children catch lice in school, others not.
There are also some that dont catch the measles (...) - its all the immune system?

Could pheromones explain why females fall prey (more) to certain diseases than males?
One reason for hyperinfection?

Perhaps, when exo-pathogens like flees, lice etc break our skin barrier, then pheromones may become stronger to the outside? ...and attract (symbiotic) parasites...
or its the other way around.

Parasites cant talk, and unlikely would speak one language.
However, they DO communicate.
And communication with others seems essential for their survival.

The literature suggests that chemical communication by primer and releaser pheromones may be extensive within the helminths. Although our detailed knowledge of these events is sparse, the number of reports indicates that a chemical mediation of developmental, reproductive, and behavioral processes may be mandatory in trematodes, turbellarians, and cestodes. Accordingly, this review presents a summary of our current status.
from 1982 http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01651269.1982.10553477?journalCode=tinv18

A team of researchers with members from Harvard Medical School and the University of Kansas has found that pheromones produced by one type of non-resistant bacteria can kill other bacteria that have grown resistant to agents meant to kill them.
http://phys.org/news/2015-05-pheromones-gut-bacteria-resistant-variants.html

When plants detect pheromones given off by nematode worms, they activate their immune system for protection. But the chemical warning not only triggers defenses against nematodes, but also against bacterial, fungal and viral infection. This discovery, published July 23 in Nature Communications, may yield a nontoxic agricultural treatment against nematodes and other pests.
july 23, 2015 http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/07/worm-pheromones-trigger-plant-defenses-study-finds
Reactions: seunderwood

Comments

Yesterday I was on a bus. A small ant was running down the window frame.
I didnt pay attention, until it showed up on my wrist.
This was quite a complicated journey for no apparent reason and clearly suicidal.
Was it infected with something?

There was no food, I hadnt eaten anything at least 12 hours before, just one plain coffee.

I have had more such things happening.

Is it possible that due to excessive parasite pheromone production in the body, the own pheromone production is shut down?
Is it aromatase which finally 'converts' things to pheromones ?
An aromatase agonist would be bad, as it promotes some cancers.

bottom line: parasitic load may lead to pheromonic overload.
its just not your own pheromones.
this could explain, that i really dont need anyone elses.
it may also explain, why i attract psychos and other critters.

NEWS: Pheromones synch Parents Immune defense

"From an assessment of the effects of a range of factors, including age, gender and obesity, they found the most potent factors that altered an individual's immune system was whether they had parented a child."
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3448085/The-best-way-boost-immune-child-parent-strengthens-flu-vaccine-overcoming-stomach-bug.html

When all bacteria .. pathogens... produce pheromones, then this should be a splendid diagnose tool?
Could they diagnose bacteria, helminths etc if they could 'read' their pheromones out of the whole pheromone cloud surrounding a human?

if pheromones could be assigned to their specific pathogen/pathogen groups, then unassigned pheromones in the human cloud would indicate 'unknown' pathogens.

Blog entry information

Author
roller
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from roller