• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Has anyone dealt with any of these Parasites?

• Bacteroides fragilis
  • E coli
  • Enterococcus spp.
  • Clostridium spp.
  • Alpha hemolytic strep
  • Citrobacter freundii complex
  • Gamma hemolytic complex
  • Pseudomonas aeruginosa

A recent stool test revealed too-high levels of all of these. My practitioner is Yasko-trained and is starting me on several herbs, several of Yasko's RNA formulas, Biotin, Vita Organ and a couple other things for a 3 month "intensive" protocol. But in reading the badbugs.org website, I'm questioning whether I will need prescriptions for this. I have read a little about Klinghardt's protocol which does use drugs.

Mostly I'm happy that I took this test and found something that could be causing my CFS symptoms. I just wish I understood more about these parasites and that there was more consensus on how to treat them.

I'm spending a lot of money, and I've been stressing out about how much money I'm spending on trying to find the solution to my symptoms. I am in good amount of debt and instead of paying it off it's getting bigger. I make a good salary so I can pay if off IF I can keep working....But I sort of came to the conclusion that I would rather file for bankrupcy if it turns out I can't work anymore, then to resign myself to feeling this way for the rest of my life.

(Wow that turned into more catharsis then I had planned on, thanks for listening)!

Comments

Which stool test did you do? Most if not all of the bacteria you listed exist in a normal gutflora..... it's all about balance.
Some are opportunistic and can cause problems if there's an overgrowth, otherwise they don't cause disease.

https://www.labtestingdirect.com/test-kits/item/?pid=625

Yes, they are all overgrown, +4s for all of them.

My Clostridium IV is quite elevated. There are abx in my future for sure - I've already ordered the first round. Just waiting for the B12 so that I can take them without destroying my B-vitamin stores.

I have pseudomonas aeruginosa infection had it over 10 years before getting diagnosis, it antibiotic resistant so all previous antibiotics I had been on it was resistant to. I was then given ciprofloxacin that my GP doesn't usually prescribe as last resort and have noticed huge improvement.

Sadly Ive had no doctor do a stool test for me so I've no idea if I have any of those.

I do though think you are dealing with the situation well by getting what tests you can do now rather then ending up on a disability pension and then realising you need to be trying to do something to improve but have hardly no funds to do anything about it. Its unfortunate that this illness costs a lot to work out our issues and things which can be treated which may help.

Blog entry information

Author
aquaster
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from aquaster