• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Drs as far as I can see

Check out my other blogs for the start of my story.

The results of my overnight pulse ox test showed I was around 60% pulse ox levels for 7 hours out of 8. So my dr puts me in O2 while I am sleeping and sets an appt for a sleep dr. By now I am in pain most all of the time. I am on tramadol after work and am just always tired. I still have a constant sinus infections, and have migraines every day. I am passing out at work 7-8 times a day.

Because my job is high stress and high energy I make the tough decision to go from a TV producer to just an editor who sits at a desk all day.

I do the sleep test and they find I am at 140 ahi. Not 14..140. 30 minutes into the 8 hour test the tech puts me on high flow O2, then cpap. She says she can't control my lack of breathing and has a obligation to end the test of 4 hours in. She says I should go to the er. So I go and they see my pulse ox awake is low and they put me on 24/7 O2.

I schedule an appt with national Jewish hospital. It takes 3 months to happen and so I am on O2 24/7 while I am waiting. My dr thinks that my passing out may be a seizure so she schedules a neuro appt.

National Jewish also has a great ent dr. After one of my sinus surgery my ability to smell was broken. This ent researches these kind of issue called parasomia, so I was super excited to see him.

I meet with a great pulumnologist at nj. He is committed to finding out what is wrong with my breathing issues. I spend 3 days doing every test that is available for breathing issues. I walk with pulse ox machine, they put me in a box and measure how much gas I can exchange, I do stress tests for my heart, meet with cardiologists, allergists, nutritionalist, and get mri, ct, X-rays, blood tests, etc etc etc.

The cardiologist (best in CO) says, your a little over weight. If you just eat a diet of chicken and veggies you will feel a lot better. Do it for 3 months and come back.

During this time I am getting sicker and sicker. I feel like I'm always on empty. After work I go home sleep 2 hours and then spend an hour with my family and go back to sleep. I was used to traveling and having fun working my high paced job. Now I work in a small closet, rarely leaving it because I am so tired.

My neurologist gives me a take home eeg test and the cadiologist gives me a halter monitor at the same time. They find that my heart is ok and I am having some seizure activity. The seizures are absence so I just black out with no clonic tonic movements.

The ent does an exam and says something I will hear often. Hmmm that's weird. You don't have a sinus infection anymore.

Comments

Waiting expectantly for the next installment! Is it true, you don't have a sinus problem any more??

Blog entry information

Author
GONZ0hunter
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from GONZ0hunter

• Since we last met
    im sorry, I’ve failed a lot of people but I wish I could have been...
  • Pre-op
    We are starting pre-op today. The goal is to evacuate anything in my...
  • Sugery
    If you have read my other blogs you know I'm a pro when it comes to...
  • Katrina the start
    My first blog talks about how I got to today being sick. My sister who...
  • Back at work....barley
    Read the previous blogs for more info. Quick recap, I had a sinus...