• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The last surgery...almost

check out my other blog posts, they have fun details you need.

So at this point I'm beaten but not dead, I decide fuck Drs and we would just wait it out. I'm still smelling dead people. I'm starting to fall asleep at work and don't know why. I have never once fell asleep in public. Not once. I sleep less then 4 hours a night. Now I need 6 and I'm lagging.

So I break something in my sinuses that create a gushing bleed. I've had nose bleeds my whole life but this was a gush. I go the ER and they roll their eyes, but can't stop the bleed. So they put in a tampon that has a balloon to shut that shit down.

Unfortunately I get the dr that's an idiot. She is on top of me pushing this thing in my nose. I'm crying in pain (I've cried 4 times in my adult life) and she gets it half way and says...I used the wrong size. It has to come out. So we do it all over.

Now I need a surgeon to take this out, I find a great pcp who is only treating my migraines.

I find a great ENT surgeon who says he won't operate on me but can cure my sinus infection. We try a bunch of different treatments. I still have a sinus infection. I'm about a year since I had a bad sinus infection that started this. I've had it constantly.

With my pcps blessing my ENT decides we need to fix a structural issue in my sinuses, take out my tonsils, do a uppp, and scrape my mouth lining. To recap , at this point I'm only fighting sinus infections and migraines. I have sore throats and a little sleepy.

If you had your tonsils out as a kid I have one thing to say. Fuck you, you don't know how much it hurts. Well maybe that's strong. I hope you know your lucky.

With all this going on I'm trying to be a TV producer, I'm dodging flying and on location stuff. My boss is very very accomidating but I need 6 weeks to recover from tonsils surgery and I have had 4 sugerys in a year.

I go in to surgery at a hospital and all goes ok. I slowly wake and they keep me a couple hours extra, but I cheat the pulse ox and go home. They give me 16 ounces of liquid diladid, some novicaine suckers and lots of instructions.

My surgeon calls me every day for 4 days and says you are out of the danger zone for bleeding. I wake up day 6 with a mouth full of warm fluid. I realize I have an arterial bleed.....at home

Comments

I know how much a tampon being stuck up your nose hurts. My mom had it and it was awful...nosebleed that she had to have surgery on. Dude, I'm so sorry. Please hang in. Surgeries suck.

Many years ago I had an ENT residentjabbing a huge needle into my sinus. It was a shattering experience. nothing compared to your story. :-(

Trying to free-associate on sinus problems. Pyroluria? which is, B6/mineral imbalance. More likely, mast cell...only your sinus?
mastcellblog.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/canary/
www.hputest.nl/ewhat.htm

It is still unknown. The latest guess is selective ige dyfincincy type 3 with no response to a vaccine challenge.

Blog entry information

Author
GONZ0hunter
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from GONZ0hunter

• Since we last met
    im sorry, I’ve failed a lot of people but I wish I could have been...
  • Pre-op
    We are starting pre-op today. The goal is to evacuate anything in my...
  • Sugery
    If you have read my other blogs you know I'm a pro when it comes to...
  • Katrina the start
    My first blog talks about how I got to today being sick. My sister who...
  • Back at work....barley
    Read the previous blogs for more info. Quick recap, I had a sinus...