• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Surgerys

if you haven't read my first blog....check it out. It has details you will need for this.

So I am scheduled for my first fess surgery. I wait the month still having a sinus infection. The surgery goes well. It's in a surg a centre in a office building (warning 1). I wake up sore and bleeding, he said he fixed it all and no more sinus infections for me. He had to pack me because I was a gusher (warning 2). So I have some severe pain going on in my sinuses. It takes me 2 weeks to heal at home and back to work.

I notice I still have a sinus infection. The ENT dr is seeing me every 2 weeks. Every visit requires a office surgery. He scrapes my sinuses and cuts out scar tissue. He starts escalating my antibiotics. After 2 months we do another ct and the polyps are back. He says we should remove them again and do a roter rooter of my sinuses. It's more in depth then then office scrape (warning 3). So I reluctantly agree and we wait a Month.

I wake up,slower this time from surgery. I graduated from EMT school so I know how to trick the ol pulse ox machine. They wanted to send me to the hospital but I got it up temporarily. It takes me another 2 weeks to heal enough to back to work.

So during this surgery he broke a salvary gland in my mouth, but he wasn't sure if it was cancer or a broken salvary glad. He said, we can cut it out at the surgery center. So.....surgery ....again.

I am also now seeing him every 3 days (warning 4) to cut out scar tissue and suck crap out of my sinuses. He escalates the antibiotics to levaquin. I start having hip and leg pain. The ENT says keep taking it.

I go see my primary care dr and he says. Maybe stop the levaquin. He does a full blood work up and everything is fine. My primary dr says I should change how much I work. I should sleep more. I laughed and fired him.

I see a new primary care dr in my town and he said my leg pain is due to not reading his magazine he sells. If I read it several times a month I will be way more healthy. He made us wait 2 hours to tell me that! After this visit I wake up smelling dead bodies.

You might be asking how I know what bodies smell like? EMT school and Katrina.

Anyway I only smell it when I smell something strong. So when I don't smell something no dead body smell. So I call my PCP, magazine guy, he says "probably a brain tumor" Schedules me a MRI.

MRI comes back clean. ....I fire his ass.

So now I'm still seeing the ENT every 3 days. He recommends surgery again to fix my sinuses. My wife fires the ENT.

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
GONZ0hunter
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from GONZ0hunter

• Since we last met
    im sorry, I’ve failed a lot of people but I wish I could have been...
  • Pre-op
    We are starting pre-op today. The goal is to evacuate anything in my...
  • Sugery
    If you have read my other blogs you know I'm a pro when it comes to...
  • Katrina the start
    My first blog talks about how I got to today being sick. My sister who...
  • Back at work....barley
    Read the previous blogs for more info. Quick recap, I had a sinus...