• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(PTHP) Post Traumatic Hypopituitarism test 'Glucagon Stimulaton Test' Endocrinology-or-Private

How Doctors are failing to spot the Brain injury that could be behind 30,000 cases of 'chronic fatigue' U.K.

Patients misdiagnosed with CFS when they have Brain damage

Post Traumatic Hypopituitarisim (PTTP) is often caused by head injury

Symptoms include depression, obesity, fatigue and chronic pain

by Joanna Lane Mail Online
Published 22:00, 17th May2014
TEST G.P./ENDOCRINOLOGY 'GLUCAGON STIMULATION TEST' PLUS MEASURE

HORMONES 24 HR URINARY/BLOOD CORTISOL-GROWTH HORMONES-SEX

HORMONES-ACTH STIMULATION TEST 'USELESS' WILL NOT FIND THIS RESULT...

Google: Hypopituitarism: (PTHP) this can aslo be caused by Radiation or any Sports injuries/whiplashes/surgeries/car accidents/falls * Pituitary Gland does not properly function it

becomes lazy it is missed by standard tests bloods/urines or even A.C.T.H. test...Saw My Doctor this morning first wants 24 hr. urine Cortisol tested I have history of a small

lesion Pituitary Gland-tumor 4 cm plus urine cortisol 24 hrs. has been low in the past...Will advise here those results once I know more...

Comments

Columbia University claims to have found a blood test bio-marker for CFS patients under 3 years 'cytokines' work must now be replicated it is no good if you have been ill longer than 3 years but opens door to possible treatments now once proven...

The hit and run factor of the hypothesis still doesn't quite convince me.

There must still be something constantly triggering the body to react.

Jon_Tradicionali, this diagnosis is found in numerous people not everyone has M.E./CFS a percentage are misdiagnosed even for decades...

Well, although the head injury is just very unlikely, it is true that 24h urine steroids will show your true adrenal status. My cortisol is low at urine but high at blood. Body, you are insane, I am afraid!

Beyond if you would have read my post I never 'ever' said this was a cause of cfs I said it was a possibility that some had a misdiagnosis & this was their problem now what could be so 'insane' about that...Endocrinologists in the U.K. are finding this in numerous patients who were labeled as CFS my urine 24 hour cortisol were also low but the same happens in Pituitary injuries & that can happen from injuries including viruses or even radiation isotopes...Not everyone has 'label' CFS...

Blog entry information

Author
Aidan Walsh
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs