• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In a long crash...is bed rest helping or making me worse??

hello all

I have been in a bad crash for eight weeks. It's the longest one for me. Main symptoms are constant headache, dizziness, severe jelly legs, sensitivity to noise and light.....and with all that a feeling of total despair. I am panicking that I will never come out of this crash.

For the first few weeks I tried increasing rests but still doing some activities, but I was getting worse and worse. So for the last couple of weeks I have been in bed most of the time. No improvement.

I don't know what to do? I am worried that being in bed all the time is really bad for me and I will get weaker and weaker. On the other hand I feel I can't stand being downstairs on the sofa amidst the noise and chaos of my family ( 2 kids under five).

Any tips or suggestions for getting out of this crash?! Any ideas much appreciated!

Thank you

Comments

Thats tough, 2 kids under 5.
For me when i crash i have a hard time actually sleeping so i definately take something to help me sleep better, then i may have several b12 injections. I may also increase my antiviral dose for awhile too if i have a few other viral symptoms like neck glands are extra sore or something like that. Sometimes its my sinuses that cause a crash, it can be difficult to work out which symptoms are which.
Sleep and b12 is my main go too when im not sure whats going on??

good luck.

Is there any way you could fit a recliner chair into your bedroom? I do this so I can have a place to sit up away from the rest of the house. Another option is an armchair pillow on the bed.

Are you able to consult a doctor about your symptoms? If they were able to find a comorbid condition that they could treat, this could possibly give you partial relief. Best wishes.

In the event that you were seriously injured in a car accident, in a coma or hospital for many months, would you give yourself such a hard time about not being well and the need to rest to recover as it is a slow process?

The more one rushes the process, the longer it takes, the more rest with less external stimuli including thinking is the only thing that helps me.

Sometimes I find asking myself these type of questions eases the sense of helplessness and hopelessness these long crashes bring.

What I have learnt is that I do eventually get better from a crash (never recovered to former self or lifestyle) I just dont know how long it will take. The more I demand, the less I receive, so try not to get frustrated with yourself.

Kindest regards,

Thanks all for your replies! Very helpful! I guess I just have to wait and be patient, I will eventually come out of this crash!
Kind regards to all

I hear you. After making a concerted effort to reduce POTS symptoms, the drs appts, the tests, put me in a place I thought I'd never get out of. Then I became anemic???? and had walking pneumonia for 2 months. WTF? I'm still trying to stay in my house by using government aids (which would bury a normal person pronto). It's no wonder I am the sleeping dead. I feel for you and believe rest is the only answer, with some good supplements. God bless us all.

I hear you. After making a concerted effort to reduce POTS symptoms, the drs appts, the tests, put me in a place I thought I'd never get out of. Then I became anemic???? and had walking pneumonia for 2 months. WTF? I'm still trying to stay in my house by using government aids (which would bury a normal person pronto). It's no wonder I am the sleeping dead. I feel for you and believe rest is the only answer, with some good supplements. God bless us all.
Hey how r u now

Blog entry information

Author
Smith
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Smith