• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

P5P

I think P5p may be an important part of the puzzle for me. Everytime I take it (50mg) the brain fog and fatigue clears out, and I have energy. I also started taking astaxathin which seems to be great for oxidative stress. I'm going to try to move up to 100 mg of P5p today and see what happens. I do have elevated pyroluria, so I'm supposed to be taking it.

Issues identified so far:

Pyroluria (13.4)
Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
Elevated Ferritin (314)

Tests needed:

H Pyluria antibodies
Lyme
ANTI-DNA auto antibiodies (auto immune profile)
Zinc
Copper
Homocysteine
C Reactive Protein
neck to sternum MRI?

Comments

Hi drob31,
I'm sure you know that P5P can be toxic if you take too much (like anything else.) From what I read, 100 mg is considered safe, but for higher doses the safety is questionable. Just want good for you. How did it work?
Critterina

Hi Critterina,

Yes, I have read that. I have also read pyroluric's can handle a higher dose as they are defficient, however I have not exceeded 150 mg's. I have dro pped back down to 50 mgs actually. On days where I was not fatigued, I did notice an increase in mental clarity and energy. When I have fatigue, it doesn't seem to work. So whatever is fatiguing me is shutting alot of systems down that this can't seem to penetrate. Do you have elevated pyrolles? @Critterina

Blog entry information

Author
drob31
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from drob31