• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Best supplements to take for CFS

Hello
I would like to hear what has helped you recover or significantly improve your CFS. Antiviral medication/herbs? Nutrition supplements? Please Advise :)

Comments

I think alot depends on testing and what was found. For me antivirals have helped but, im positive for ebv and cmv and lymphocyte testing shows my immune system is activated and fighting something. Other tests shows my nk function is low. otherwise treating symptoms like insomnia, use lots of antioxidants. Also treated low hormone levels-dhea, testosterone, pregnenolone.

But outside of symptoms i think one needs some testing to start off??

Reactions: JBB
For myself, it was based on testing and what has been found eg I had a double copy of MTHFR mutation... on the right supplements for that I have a bit more stamina. Hair testing showed I had no molybdenum (an essential trace mineral).. just 3-5 days of taking that supplement then had me able to do maths in my head again..something I hadnt been able to do for YEARS. Working out my food intollerances and dietry issues helped me too. Treating my coexisting POTS due to the ME helps some too. I think to improve your ME/CFS you need to work out what issues you have via tests and treat these.

Yeah without tests you´ll be pretty lost. You´ll be pretty lost even with them lol but without them the chances of finding things that work are drastically reduced.

Monolaurin helped me, but then need to restore microflora.
I have all the indicators are normal, only low NK cells.

I periodically receive something for their increase: glyoxal Heel, Hormel Heel, AFA Bluegreenfoods - now accept Allicin and Moducare (but got worse than monolaurin)

Try one new thing at a time. Go slow and be patient and document what that one new thing you added has or hasn't done for you. Then make a decision to drop and one more thing or stay on it and add something new.

If and when you decide to add something new, scour this forum and read the experiences that others have had, but always remember everyone is different and we will react different and always go with gut feeling no matter what some else may or may not say.

Again, try one new drug/supplement at a time and go slow and document.

I would obviously give more credence to a reputable study when it comes to making a decision

Blog entry information

Author
Please Advise
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Please Advise