• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxalates are frustrating

I said last week I'm not getting symptoms of greatly reducing my oxalate intake, and now I realize there is a delay. I wish I had tapered off them.

I already take plenty of magnesium and need to take vitamin D more often to help reduce the symptoms. I forget which other supplements are helpful. I can't wait for those symptoms to end, if oxalates are the cause. If they are not the cause it's awfully coincidental.

I suggest everyone consider if their diet has inconsistent oxalates, especially if they have any of the oxalate symptoms or "dumping" symptoms, or have autism spectrum in their family.

I did not get deep into reading about them but it appears to me that it could be an issue if someone (as an example) eats a high-oxalate food once a week. I am guessing they would suffer cycles with symptoms from the spike in oxalates, then the "dumping" symptoms. Dumping symptoms can be delayed for up to a week and possibly more.

I really hate to eliminate some of the higher oxalate foods from my diet, and I may have to. My diet is already reduced to 3 dozen foods, so to eliminate even 4 foods is difficult, if they are favorites or filling foods. I have to experiment further without giving myself much more unpleasant symptoms.

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
SickOfSickness
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from SickOfSickness