• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Kenneth Blanchard's book "Functional Approach to Hypothyroidism" and thyroid treatments

Anyone read this? Is it new or different info from the basic Armour Thyroid treatment types? Heard is mix of research for 20. 30 years and links to other systems, hormones etc. Supposedly challenges some of the traditional views, lab testing results and treatments... may not link info to ME/CFS however.
My daughter and I both take a thyroid hormone med in early AM, but after several weeks, even with zinc and selenium supplementing, don't notice difference in energy or depression. So... what have you guys experienced? Or what do you think of Blanchard's book?

Comments

His prescribing is different than just taking Armour. He says that Armour contains actually too much T3, or rather the wrong amount of T4/T3 ratio vs what the human thyroid makes. He compounds a thyroid preparation that is more in line with the ratio he thinks is better.

Blog entry information

Author
Danesh
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...