• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Low Blood Volume / OI treatments

I am trying more from http://www.cortjohnson.org/treating...onic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs-and-fibromyalgia/

Dr David Bell said something like low blood volume can't be fixed. I wonder if he believes that or if it was in a certain context. I don't have the link now, but I will find it.

I don't know whether to buy an abdominal binder, higher compression socks, or ?

(30-40 mmHg would help but not as much. 40-50 mmHg would be hard to get on and off, and probably too uncomfortable for me. I am only doing 20-30 mmHg now but it's not enough help.)

I would like to try a g-suit for times where I walk or stand more (continuously), but if I buy one, will I end up using it?

Comments

Is low blood volume part of the set of problems that are based in the adrenals, or is it beyond that? I would guess adrenal improvements would help but I don't know how much blood volume is related directly to orthostatic and other adrenal issues.

I have some knee high compression socks but I can't make myself wear them much since I prefer natural material and don't really like things to bind on my legs. They may have helped a bit from what I remember.

I love my knee high socks. The material is like regular socks. They aren't hard to put on but they are only 20-30 mmHg. They help just not that much. I don't like the nylon stocking kinds but I guess I could get used to them.

Blog entry information

Author
SickOfSickness
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from SickOfSickness