• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tea drinkers:

Comments

I'm very sad at teavana..I buy all my tea pots and mugs there TwT Their chair blend is so good too. @.@

Right now I am drinking Celestial Seasons Honey Vanilla Chamomile. I do also have some Traditional Medicinals and Numi.

And just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water. *Sigh.* One more thing to add to the bulk food list... Maybe. No more tea bags for me. Bigelow and Celestial Seasonings peppermint are my favorite since I stopped growing my own.

I've felt worse for the last several years whenever I drink black or green tea, whether or not it has caffeine. I just finally learned that teas (non-organic at least) contain a lot of flouride. Also green tea contain catechins that can interfere with thyroid function. So it finally makes sense to me.

So it seems that both black and green tea have the flouride and catechin problems. Black tea has much more floouride and fewer catechins, while green tea has less flouride and more catechins. I guess I wouldn't think too much of this if I hadn't felt so much worse after drinking tea in recent years and have been looking for the reason(s) why.

Blog entry information

Author
SickOfSickness
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from SickOfSickness