• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Watch out, some rice contains gluten.

"Rice itself is gluten free (it does contain rice gluten, but it is NOT the gluten that triggers the autoimmune response of a celiac, btw.) The problem with white rice is that it is enriched, which means that the rice is sprayed with a vitamin enriched coating. Most of the big (e.g. Uncle Ben's, Mahatma) manufacturers use a corn based starch to get the coating to stick to the rice but that is no gaurantee that they ALL use a gluten free coating, so you have to go brand by brand to determine what is safe to eat and what is not."

Comments

I used to eat rice 3-4 times a day, including rice cakes. I have now stopped eating rice, except white basmati 1x/week or maybe 2. This since more news on arsenic levels in rice has been reported. I'm now into potatoes & quinoa. Will eat organic corn too.

Blog entry information

Author
SickOfSickness
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from SickOfSickness