• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vita-mix blender for easy nutrition

I was hesitant for a long time, and now finally bought a vita-mix blender. Neat little device.

It will turn anything in to a juice. Carrots, kale, apples, garlic, celery, bell pepper is what I juiced in the first glass. Added a bit of water and I had juice.

You supposed to be able to make soup also.

I like it because I can get my nutrition with minnimal cooking. The time to juice, chop and clean is about half the effort of making a salad.

Comments

I'm looking into it because I just can't prepare foods anymore and two people I know have had good results.

@PNR2008

Hi,

It turns out after using it for about 6 months, that the vitamix I tend to use more fruit because veggies are so fiberous. I make shake with bannanas, carrot, yogurt, and beets. But it is not like juicing with a centrifugal juicer where one can put celery and carrots, beets, parsely all in the same batch. So it is a trade off. more fiber or more fruit.

Hi Jarod, its a great way to get those extra nutrients in. I use a blender for fruit smoothies and a juice extractor for the vegies. Have tried most veges but still yet to try juicing beetroot.

Hi Rosie,

I need to dust off the centrifugal juice again. I like the juice better, but it is more work and uses more veggies and wastes all the pulp

Some people say beet has too much sugar, but I add just a little(1/4 small beet) to sweeten on the juice or smoothy. the idea is small quantities of fiberour veggies for the vitamix.

Jarod,

I know what you mean, I haven't juiced for a couple of weeks. I wouldn't do it everyday as concerned i'll overload on the vitamins like vit. A which can be toxic, also if you overdo can have negative effect instead of beneficial so usually i'd do the carrot, apple, celery/silverbeet every 3 days. My neighbor raves about beetroot juice, just can't imagine drinking a glass of beetroot juice, seems like it would be quite a potent one to me ! Will do what you do, just add a wee bit. Are you able to plant strawberries. I spent about 10 mintues each day planting and preparing vege garden last summer. Have to use bird netting one the fruit start going red. Planted about 30-35 planted. They just kept fruiting all summer nearly. So good for you.
Someone said to me to use the left over pulp for soups. But haven't done that yet.

Blog entry information

Author
Jarod
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Jarod