• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

It was worth the wait

So I had the most wonderful day. I am very happy I never did anything crazy in the middle of my despair with CFS (I am very impulsive). I had energy to take my kid to do her favorite thing (pool) and after I went out on a date. Took a nap in between. I did my hair, I wore a dress, Hills and Make up!!!! One of the things in my list of things to do (CFS bucket list) when I got better.

I was with my feet up most of the day, Took a nap in between and wore earplugs in the movie theater. But these little things allowed me to have mostly a very normal Day:balloons:.

I know this sounds trivial to any normal person, but going out and doing family things without hating/resenting the world or feeling completely miserable by the time you are done, is completely priceless. Every little bit I get better, it just shows me how sick I have been, and how damn bad it has been. If you think you even know how sick you are, wait till you get better, then you will know. Every time I give myself a 70% and I get a little better I realized I was never over a 40% or less.

For those of you suffering, give yourself permission to be sick, TRUST ME you ARE. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it will shine like it never did before. Today just to sit on a park and look the outside world give me happiness beyond believe. I truly enjoy little things now and after so much darkness and desperation, I can truly appreciate live and the world. Please hang in there.

Comments

Heaps only you!!! I crashed next day LOL. But back and running again today and back in gym and all. I think I spoke too soon. THE EXITING LIFE of CFS!!!! The good thing is even thoguh I crashed I didn't feel misserable, just no energy. That I can live with!!!

That is so awesome!!! I'm going through a similar stretch and like you can't beleive how incredibly sick I was and how going from functioning from 10% to about 30% is huge!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Seven7