• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Meds & Supplements

I was asked what I'm taking so here is a list of what I'm on at present and some things I've tried in the past (if I can remember them!!) The things in blue are what I get from the NHS.

CURRENTLY TAKING-
Hydrocortisone 10mg
Ivabradine 10mg
Melatonin 3mg
Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg
Paracetamol 500mg as needed
Sodium docusate as needed
Vegepa (omega capsules) x4 a day
D-ribose powder
Ascorbic Acid powder
Co Q 10 Ubiquinol 100 mg
Acetyl L-Carnitine 400 mg. with Alpha Lipoic Acid 200 mg
Multi Vitamin Tablets
Magnesium spray
VSL#3 Probiotic
B12 methylcobalamin lozenges
Vit D and calcium tablets

Things I've tried but no longer take
L-Glutamine 500 mg
Olive leaf extract (just started)
Silver nasal spray (just started)
B12 injections
Gabapentin
Levothyroxine 100mcg
Pregabalin
Amitriptyline
Diphenhydramine HCl 50 mg (for sleep)
Duloxetine 30mg
Acupan
Venlafaxine
Dihydrocodeine
Ginko Biloba
Prednisolone
Zopiclone
Zolpidem
NADH
Fluoxetine
Roaccutane (don't ever take this!!)
Paracetamol/Codeine
Clonazepam
Atenolol
Co Q 10 Ubiquinone
Candida Clear (Cant find a source for it anymore)
Horopito
Milk Thisle
B12 spray
Vit D spray
Lamberts Candaway
Siberian Ginseng
Kefir
Biocare Probiotics

And probably a heap of other things I've forgotten!
Do feel free to ask me about them.

Comments

interesting thatnks for posting.
so a noticeable difference between effexor vs duloxetine?
Also what have u noticed different with prednisolone vs hydrocortisone?
Interesting treatment protocol, it takes time to narrow something down that works too.

I found that with effexor and duloxetine higher doses 120mg and above weren't any better than lower doses for pain but they may be for mood.
Duloxetine seemed a bit better to me for pain as I have fibro. Also more research has been done into this. However I would like to find a better pain control med, as have been on anti depressants so long, and would rather not be.
prednisolone vs hydrocortisone, the hydro is better as it's apparently more natural, more like our own hormones, according to a book I'm reading. I also feel better on it, although that may be because I think it's better. But prednisolone made me put on more weight, didn't feel as good and has given me a permanent steroid look appearance! doh!
Mine still isn't working sadly. Am hoping to stop ivbradine soon and start midodrine for POTS.
Also I take so many tablets and my stomach doesn't absorb well, so need to stop some I think.
I really need something to help fight EBV but the UK NHS are so rubbish at drugs for ME.

Thanks sadly NHS here in the UK have said no to prescribing any kind of anti virals for my EBV.
I think I would be concerned about tramadol addiction.
I have thought about baclofen maybe, as my muscles get so tight with the fibro and they can work as muscle relaxants.

Blog entry information

Author
EnduringAngel
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs