• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

I had a big crisis again about 2 nights ago, the burning in head was so hard I was crying and ready to curse the day I was born. I prayed, haven't done that in a long time, I have not received relieve in such a long time that I don't bother to ask for mercy anymore. The feeling of desperation was so big that I remembered the verse:

1 Corinthians 10:13
There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

I don't know about you all but I am way over my head here. I keep telling God I cannot take or bear more pain. Where is the way out?? How is so much suffering possible in one human been??
I can tolerate most days, but some days are so hard, that I feel trapped in this body. I just want piece, not to hurt or suffer anymore.

I felt relieved from the prayer, I think I was at the end of my rope and God somehow could see that I had nothing left. I think the burning episodes are the hardest for me. I can understand why people jump of the buildings when they are on fire. It is such a desperation one feels, that all the reasoning goes out the window. It is pretty scary feeling.

Soo that night after I used the CPAP better with no air leaks, I could feel all the brain burning gone!!! So now, basically I use the CPAP every time I feel the bad brain burning and just try to take naps with the CPAP. So far so good.

My IBS is gone!!! I just noticed it was less frequent then it just went away. It has been a few months now. Not sure how or why. But the break is welcome.

My energy production is also better. Back on the Dr T vitamine powder! I will worry about the B12 levels later.

My neuro symptoms are bad and progressing, I am dropping stuff left and right. Also I feel my left leg to stop working, kinda like muscle fatigue, weak. I am falling a lot too, usually when I stand up.

Overall today is a good day and tolerable.

Comments

Hang in there! I know those dark nights. For me, it was the IBS/constipating w/ abdominal pain again last night. Today, useless, from poor sleep.

Have you had Botox for head pain? I spent three months in bed on ice wrapped around my head.. Nothing helped until I had botox injections. I still have the usual bad head pain, it is down 50% with the injections. I recently started pain patches, after I saw Dr. K. who sent me for pain management. Oral opiates had stopped working.

I don't get pain. Is burning. Like acid reflux feeling but in brain and spine and I feel inflammation, Like a balloon in my head and somebody is blowing parts of it. My nasals pops and my ears too. Also feel needles like but it only lasts seconds, I am learning to use advil (iboprufen) does seam to help. I will work with Neuro on the burning. I just wanted to avoid YET another medication. But I think gonna have to go for it. I go crazy when burning. Thanks for the suggestion will keep it in mind for pain.

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Seven7