• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Detox Bath #2 (Why do I torture Myself again?)

Why does everything have to be sooo hard w this disease! I was taking a bath and felt miserable. I used to enjoy baths, It was one of the top 10 things in life that made me happy.I mean really happy, I could feel completely at peace and blissful with baths.

I got HR in 125 to 130 during the bath. I put ice on forehead and helped some but overall while I was on the Tub I was wondering why I keep torturing myself with things that are suppose to be good for me but feel so wrong when I do them, like hmmm Detox baths and exercise.

As of today, I am rethinking this whole self torture strategy of mine!!!

Comments

I've been doing different versions of detox baths and even after years - I have difficulty! You are not alone :) and I personally don't believe in too much torture - just enough torture :)

And I loved baths - they were my personal paradise too. Now they must not be too hot to be enjoyed. Finding the right and perfect mix is a challenge but I am up to it!

I never sweated either but after doing saunas for a while - I now sweat. And sometimes - even my face which never used to sweat EVER. Re the baths: I don't like how I feel when I am too hot and detoxing. A hot bath without added ingredients? Much easier. I don't make it as long as I should - I end up jumping out. But slowly it goes.....

Hope you begin to enjoy them again soon.

Thank you for the input, so I know I am not alone w torture / benefits balance. Will lower bath temperature and see how it goes.

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Seven7