• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Getting rid of ME: a very personal plan

I got so fed up with being ill. It's not just that I can't stand any longer feeling unwell and fatigued all the time, the inability to do the things I enjoyed doing. I can't stand any longer looking at the years of my life passing by without having being lived in a more fulfilling way. Add to that the fact that financially I've started to worry a lot about not being able to contribute to a decent pension and already had nightmares of being in old age, homeless and alone. Somehow I have to get back to a level of functionality that allows me back to work.

The question then was how to do remedy that. I tried so many ways of getting better, wasted a lot of my hard earned savings with little or nor improvements to show for. I did not know where to turn.
Towards the end of last year, out of the blue I remember a conversation I had with a friend of mine about a project I wanted to undertake a few years before I fell ill. His words of wisdom, summarized, were more or less: what do you want to achieve? do you have a plan? do you have a timescale to get there? etc.
It occurred to me that in the years of trying, not very successfully, to recover from ME, I had never thought about making a plan and all the rest.
Which was odd as I knew about project management in my line of work. It must have been the brain fog effect.
I thought that could have been the cause of all my failures at getting well.

Anyhow, after trawling the internet and this site for months, as well as speaking to a couple of others ME sufferers, I think I've got a "try-and-rid-of-ME" plan in my head. I just need some motivation to put it down on paper, execute it and keep records of what's happening.
Since falling ill, I kind of lost that part of me that was disciplined and methodical. So I thought of starting something here that, hopefully, will keep me motivated.
Reactions: helen1

Comments

I'm curious to learn more about your plan. I share your feelings about wanting to be rid of this thing!

Blog entry information

Author
underdog
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs