• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

More tests...

Saw my friendly Gastroenterologist today. Advised I keep taking Carafate (Sucralfate), but only twice a day, for about 6 weeks...(seeing as I don't tolerate things like Nexium, Pariet & even Zantac).
He's given me a request for an Ultrasound of my Upper Abdomen. Clinical Notes: Mildly elevated Liver Function Tests.
I'm also booked for a Gastroscopy :D

Comments

Hi Meryl - good that investigations are underway. What do you take the meds for that you mention above? what are your gastro issues?

justy;bt6733 said:
Hi Meryl - good that investigations are underway. What do you take the meds for that you mention above? what are your gastro issues?

Gastro-oesophageal reflux, small hiatus hernia, gastritis. Had a couple of nights with acute reflux pain on lying down. Think it was associated with a virus. Had nausea, malaise & all over muscle tenderness.

Sometimes I just have to smell something & my oesophagus & stomach start burning, to the point where I will become nauseous & almost vomit :eek:

There's obviously an autoimmune element to this plus I need to avoid aspirin & prednisone.

That sounds awful Meryl - so sorry you are suffering with this. Sending:hug:
Justy.

hello, just wanted to say i hope your test find out what is wrong and that it isnt serious..i have alot of gastro issues also and its very hard...ibs reflux its always unpredicable and can be embarassing..
take care and hope you are doing well

Blog entry information

Author
merylg
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from merylg