• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My symptoms

I got Sick 5 Years ago, not sure how I got sick, I think it was gradual onset and cannot remember exactly how or when.

Main symptoms:
FATIGUE (this was the only main symptom for the first 2 years).
PEM or post exhortation malaise.
Muscle pain and join pains.
Flu like malaise.
heart pain like muscle spasm.
Sleep (falling sleep and do not get into stage 4 sleep)
After 3 years developed elevated heart rate. Goes over 120 upon standing. RHR=92.
Brain fog, memory and word retrieval issues. All kind of neuro like issues: tingling, numbness, sometimes don't understand what somebody just told me.
loose bowels or explosive.

Comments

You may find it all changes again with like a new symptom complex. Ive gone throu about 3-4 different stages with this illness.

Things like MCS and food intollerences in many of us develop later. Fingers crossed you wont find you develop these next.

The elevated heart rate when standing is POTS. In my case my POTS has changed to orthostatic hypertension on occassions (I swing into POTS or hypertension on standing) but after a length of this illness for quite a while, I just had the POTS.

Blog entry information

Author
Seven7
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Seven7