• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valcyte - 1 Month / 32 Days

Hello Everyone!

The past month has had its ups and downs, but there has been a fairly good trend in the right direction! Here's a list of some things I'm noticed / has happened since my last entry:
  • My neck's lymph nodes have reduced in size. The right one has been enlarged since I first contract the virus that brought me all of this. The left has been enlarged for the last few years. As with most of us, the sicker I've been, the more swollen and painful... This is an encouraging sign!
  • The last time I was on the Valcyte, there was an instance where I took an Ambien and had it last for 18 hours. Well, that memory was lost and so, it apparently required repeating. This time it was a Unisom and it lasted 19 1/2 hours before wearing off (that's nineteen and one-half hours). Eek!!
  • Since last week, there have been some symptoms of a cold that have been dragging me down. Occasional cough, runny nose and minimal sore throat. Frustrated and cautious as Valcyte supposedly makes us more susceptible to bugs. :-(
  • The past week or so, I've had to lie down after taking showers again. Haven't had to do that very often since starting the fludrocortisone (Florinef). Not sure if the Valcyte is messing with my body's ability to use the Florinef or not. Seems to be rather variable on a day to day basis.
  • Continuing to have problems with insomnia. Have a plan to block up the window with some foam insulation, but haven't gotten teh energy to do that just yet. Maybe this weekend will work for that.
All in all, it has been a fairly positive first month of this. Hoping the trend continues. Wish me luck!! :D

=== BY THE NUMBERS: ONE MONTH ===
Weight: 260.6 lbs

Activity Level: ~7 depending on the day

Current Dosing: 900mg Daily in AM

Lab values of note: (Having my second draw tomorrow.)

Comments

Nice one! thanks for the update, I have also have swollen neck lymph nodes for about 3 years now - the one on the back of my head goes up and down but never dissapears - i've always felt that this was due to a continuing virus.
I hope the improvements keep up.
Take care, Justy.

Glad the update was helpful for you Justy!

I love having the improvements, but my job is over-extending me - making it difficult to make any progress. I'm actually looking for a new job right now. I think when my boss stated that he was being "very understanding of your condition", it was all over. Still work here, but hopefully not for long.

As I write this, I'm in the first few hours of a new crash brought on by my job. Gotta get out of here before I end up in the hospital!

Blog entry information

Author
ArgyrosfeniX
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from ArgyrosfeniX

• R3 / Day 35
    Hello Everyone, It's been an interesting time the past few weeks...
  • R3 / Day 19
    Hi Everyone, Things have improved some, but I can still induce PEM /...
  • R3 / Day 12
    Hi Everyone, This weekend was rather interesting. Got a handful of...
  • R3 / Day 9
    Hi All, Things are improving already. My wife told me 2 nights ago...
  • R3 / Day 6
    😁 Things seem to be improving some. Yesterday and today had a few...