• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to stop vertigo, nausea and feeling unsteady

endomeister;219184 said:
You should consider curcumin as a possible treatment for this disorder, IMO.

This is the specific product I recommend (I'm not affiliated with the seller):

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Super-BIO-Curcumin-400-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/15211?at=0

I would try one with breakfast and one with dinner for several days; then one per day after that.

This particular supplement above is very high quality and gets my highest recommendation.

There are many cheaper products but absorbability is a problem.

Comments

What has been your personal experience with curcumin, and specifically this product (I assume it's the Super BioCurcumin BCM95)? Why do you recommend it for nausea and vertigo. I've seen studies showing it is good as an antiinflammatory such as for arthritis, but not re: nausea and vertigo. Also, as it is a spicy spice (!) I'd be careful not to take it on an empty stomach. Someone with a delicate stomach may have trouble with this supplement.

valentinelynx;bt6006 said:
What has been your personal experience with curcumin, and specifically this product (I assume it's the Super BioCurcumin BCM95)? Why do you recommend it for nausea and vertigo. I've seen studies showing it is good as an antiinflammatory such as for arthritis, but not re: nausea and vertigo. Also, as it is a spicy spice (!) I'd be careful not to take it on an empty stomach. Someone with a delicate stomach may have trouble with this supplement.

Curcumin is superb for improving circulation and reducing inflammation of blood vessels. I believe this is the main reason it is helpful to some patients with vertigo. (I'm not sure if there are any formal studies on this yet.) Most people take it with food and it is very well tolerated and even improves digestion for many. I take it (the particular supplement mentioned above) due to the fact that I have Behcet's Disease and this causes balance problems as a result of vasculitis. It even improves memory, mood, and cognition. This is at the top of my list without a doubt.

Blog entry information

Author
endomeister
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs