• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to raise glutathione within cells and reduce tnf-alpha inflammation

endomeister;219182 said:
As far as raising glutathione, I get good results from the following daily combination: vitamin C, P5P, lysine, curcumin, whey protein, and selenium supplementation.

I agree that curcumin / turmeric is a fantastic supplement for many people with chronic viral infections, and is highly recommended - it not only is antiviral but helps to lower tnf-alpha and also helps insofar as maintaining healthy levels of glutathione.

This is the specific supplement that I use with great benefit:

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Super-BIO-Curcumin-400-mg-60-Veggie-Caps/15211?at=0

I take just one per day with food, and think that is all that is needed for most people. I take two days off per week, and one week off every two months.

Comments

This comment may belong somewhere else as it's about iherb and not this particular supplement - but as good as their prices are, so far I haven't ordered from them because of the number of negative reviews I've read online .... there seem to be numerous problems w/ international shipping, but I'm in the US so what concerns me more is the comments on "fake", and even harmful, product.
Anyone else using iherb? Any problems with authenticity/quality of their products?

lisann;bt6007 said:
This comment may belong somewhere else as it's about iherb and not this particular supplement - but as good as their prices are, so far I haven't ordered from them because of the number of negative reviews I've read online .... there seem to be numerous problems w/ international shipping, but I'm in the US so what concerns me more is the comments on "fake", and even harmful, product.
Anyone else using iherb? Any problems with authenticity/quality of their products?

It's good to be skeptical. I always buy name brand products (like Life Extension) from iHerb all the time, and have had no problems. I can't comment about international shipments, since I'm in the U.S. but I can say that they have been very good to me and have always shipped immediately. My orders are usually over $300 as I get better discounts that way. Never had a problem so far...

hi
i find iHerb excellent, i am in Australia. saves me a lot of money as local products are ridiculously expensive (and of lesser quality).
i have been buying off them for about 6? years now. i have never had reason to think any of their products are fake.
only problem is that they have recently stopped sending hormones here because of customs regulations, can anyone recommend another supplier like iHerb for those? - pregnenelone, dhea, melatonin.
thanks
Richard

Blog entry information

Author
endomeister
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs