• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Doing good

Ok just to checkj in to update. I am doing well. Throwing out the imunovir and more recently the methyl b12 was a good idea. I have more energy, feel healthier, can concentrate better, less compulsive, etc. Still by no means healthy, but doing much better than the last 2 years. I think NAC, zinc and methylfolate and vitamin e is also helping me, and LDN too, the other stuff I am not sure.

For those that are interested: I am taking
- nac 1800 mg,strep free probiotics, methylfolate, ldn, vit d3 vit k2, vit e 4001u, citicholine,
-Multivitamin with: bacopa 150 mg, mag succinate 400 mg, sylmarin, low b vits (RDA, no b6 and folic acid or b12), low q10, alcar, rla silicon, p-serine, lycopene, lutein, 50% molybdenium, chromium, 25 mg zinc, iodine, boron, potassium, 1800 mg NAC

I will start fish oil again later.

I am still on a trial of lamictal but may stop due to myclonic seazures

Anyway I wanted to check in, cause often the peeps that are doing better leave the forum and visit less, and so there is a biased set of info on possible treatments/ progress etc. You may have very different chemistry/ disease than me, so my treatment may be useless for you.
Take good care!

Comments

Oh I am also taking 500 mg vitamin c and glycine and natural vitamin A btw. And my insomnia is way worse than before, however I find that self-hypnosis (is available as an iphone app. lol) helps with that.
Oh and i am well aware that the tide may turn. Been there, done that. So no need to get cocky, yet.
I also still have a lot of numbness and tingling. I suspect that it also has to do with my bad posture, we will see.
Since my post "doing better' I have stopped pregnanelone, 5htp, rhodiola, sam-e and mushrooms and melatonin and equabriliant btw (altho I may start melatonin again for insomnia)

Hi Leaves,

Glad to hear your'e doing better -- always great to hear of improvements!

I was wondering if your neuropathy has improved? I posted a reply to one of your older threads where we were discussing p5p and/or b6. I can't find it now, but will look tomorrow, as I found some info that seemed a little different than what you had read. (I know...the internet is loaded with conflicting information!) :)

EDIT: I just re-read your reply above...and shoot...see that you're still having neuropathy...and I also just found that you saw my other post on the b6/p5p thread.

There's a b6 expert that I hope to "talk" to -- (email) in the next few days. Hopefully I can get a hold of her and perhaps she can explain why some of us can't seem to tolerate it. I did see a mention on another board that someone couldn't tolerate it until they got their b12 levels up...but I see you've stopped your b12.

B2 seems to help it for me a little bit, and also have started taking debittered brewer's yeast, which I think I'm tolerating.

Again...confusing and frustrating. I'll let you know if I find out anything helpful.

Take care,

Dan

Blog entry information

Author
leaves
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from leaves