• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

visit at my home from the ME/CFS one i talked to on phone the other day

I had the other with ME/CFS I rang the other day come an visit. :)

Amazingly she turned out to be my primary school teacher who apparently first developed ME/CFS when I was there.. (she thinks it was the year before I was in her class... anyway its close to when I had her as a teacher and it appears she had ME/CFS while teaching me).
(coincidence or what? I had a couple of ME/CFS incidents in my childhood so think I did catch it in childhood but then had it lay like dormant for a long time)

It took a little while to find a time when we both were well enough to meet (it was a situation of she was too ill when i was going to invite or I was too ill to have visitors when she was going to visit).. finally it sorted out and we had a time when we both were well enough to physically meet at my place. :)

We both had quite a good chat :) with her leaving when she could see I was getting wrecked. (its good to have someone who dont ignore what they are seeing and can see when you are starting to crash :) ).

We would of looked funny to anyone who didnt understand this illness... she legs up across my couch at one point, while I was laying across couch and a stall.. For anyone who cant notice the difference of those who have ME/CFS, I think they must be half blind.

She left forgetting her purse and phone and hence had to drive back.. only to find me looking for my own phone which I had miplaced to try ring her to tell her she'd left purse behind. So we then were both searching my house for our missing stuff :D hahah a real bonding experience...
(I do think some good comedies could be written just from observing CFS/ME people)

Comments

I am so glad you had someone visit you with this illness. It really helps you not feel so alone. And I totally agree about CFS and how people don't realize when you are starting to slump. I have fibro bad and my friends will say, "let's sit at the bar on the stools" and I always feel pissed off. A stool with no back is not good for us CFS folk. Another friend of mine always comes over and makes herself home on my couch, nevermind that I am in pain and wanting to lay down.

I hope you keep in touch with her!!

Blog entry information

Author
taniaaust1
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from taniaaust1