• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

oh well

Hmm
So it seems that my energy benefits were mostly due to the pregnenelone. At least I stopped this, and my energy has suffered much from that. The reason I stopped is because of its androgenic effects plus it made me irritable. I really want to get this energy back but i guess i have to take it in tandem with some other hormones, or even reduce the dose even more, or find something to counter the formation of androgens.
I am now on 300mg 5 htp and I am dreaming every night now, which is pretty awesome :D
I have the idea that my brain works slightly better so I think the acetyl carnitine (which I started again 10 days ago) is finally catching up with me.

Comments

sorry to hear that leaves.
Its such a pity that so much that helps in some way, does negative things in another way. Hopefully your brain will stay better some

Yeah it is never easy, is it. However I am still much better than I have been. I just have to figure out something else to help my energy. Carnitine fumarate was great too energy wise but I prefer acetyl carnitine for the brain power it gives is badly needed ..

I get good benifits from Pregenelone also. I have my hormones balanced so they all work together. I always take Carniclear (l-Carnitine liquid) every day. I feel great with it also. 5HTP is good too. I take it morning and evening. So glad you feel better.

Blog entry information

Author
leaves
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from leaves