• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Let's Tell Chase how Great WPI is! $500K More to Win!! chasecommunitygiving@chas e.com

Lets focus on letting Chase know how deserving WPI is of the $500K in discretionary spending yet to be awarded!

There is a silver lining in winning less than $100K in that we are eligible for the $200K discretionary spending prize. (There is also an additional $300K in discretionary spending for which I believe all the charities in round 2 are eligible).

I sent the following letter in case anyone wants any ideas. Thanks to Ann from whom I borrowed some wonderful phrasing!
Dear Chase Community Giving,

I am a Chase customer. I support Whittemore Peterson Institute in the CCG contest. I am writing you to let you know how great WPI is and urge you to award them some of the discretionary contest funds.

I have had ME/CFIDS for ___ years. 17 million people worldwide have this devastating neuro-immune disease, with virtually no viable treatment options and little bona fide research.

That is, until the Whittemore Peterson Institute recently came along. One family, fighting for their daughter's life, footed the bill and opened a state of the art institute to research Neuroimmune disease. As the New York Times noted, comparing WPI to Michael J. Fox's Foundation and others, "Harvey and Annette Whittemore were not the first to start a research foundation out of desperation to find answers for an incurable disease...But few if any of the private groups have produced notable results as quickly as the Whittemore Peterson Institute has."
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/12/giving/12SICK.html?scp=1&sq=whittemore peterson&st=cse

Unfortunately, the Whittemore family can no longer cover all of the Institute's costs alone. WPI needs help raising money to that will all go toward desperately needed research for a cure. This is where you can help. Please award this most deserving of charities as much of your discretionary funding as possible!

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/rules
(Charities awarded a Round 2 grant of $100,000 or more in the current program are not eligible to receive the $200,000 Advisory Board grant)

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
justinreilly
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from justinreilly