• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trying

I'm trying to do volunteer work at a local museum, for their library. I've learned some new things, perhaps a lot of new things, and I'm grateful for that. I last about 40 minutes - 60 mins in the library. There is wi fi, and I get so tired from it....today my vision became blurry as I was reading. And, I wasn't reading that long.

Comments

What a great idea Nico. At least with volunteer work, you do what you can (& don't feel obligated or committed as with paid work).

If your vision continues to be blurry, you might need to have your eyes tested & checked. Otherwise, try to take it a bit slower. You might be able to read for 10 minutes & then stop for a couple of minutes, do some eye exercises & then try again.

Or get up from your chair & do something else for a short while that doesn't involve the same eye movements. If you're not used to using your eyes to focus so intently, it's bound to be difficult to start.

Take it slowly.

"Trying" that's the story of our lives, isn't it.

I don't know if you are a connoisseur of the musical stylings of Tony Clifton. He's an acquired taste. But this clip of his virtuoso performance of "I will survive" always keeps me going. "At first I was afraid. I was putrified."

"Trying" that's the story of our lives, isn't it.

I don't know if you are a connoisseur of the musical stylings of Tony Clifton. He's an acquired taste. But this clip of his virtuoso performance of "I will survive" always keeps me going. "At first I was afraid. I was putrified."

Victoria, thank you for the thoughtful advice. The blurries happen when I get loaded with EMF/wi fi/or flourescent bulbs overhead. My vision at home is fine, except for the occasional 40-something-hold-it-at-a-distance-to-decifer...! :) Thanks Justin...I will look at your link a little later.... Also good one is Chumba Wumba's "Get Knocked Down, Get Back Up Again"..... :D Unfortunately since getting sick, I can only listen to music when my nervous system permits. Music can really throw me.... thanks both! :D

Hi Nico GREAT that you are DOING IT but sorry that you are having problems, top of my head idea, would darkened glasses help with the visuals? Or is it some kind of EMF effect. All any of us can do is try our best despite our limitations and you are trying. Props to you. I wish you the best for the museum. Hugs ~Sleepy

thanks Sleepy. It's 100% wifi emf issues. I know, because today I was actually able to do some writing about what I'm reading. I was also able to read some today. Wi fi tends to be a big one for me. The place I tire the quickest...oddly enough...are libraries. Because of the computers/wi fi. It's nice to be learning and thinking about new things.

Blog entry information

Author
Nico
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Nico