• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

back on the forums...

it seems so long inbetween times there is any real news about this hideous disease...i go long periods without checking on the current communication of the community.

but i have never lost my gratitude for Cort who started this great forum and the Pheonix Rising website. for me, he provides the most complete, balanced, informative, easy-to-access updates and insights of any website, and the forums he created have been (at least my past experience) so well monitored. i cannot thank him, the administrators, the moderators, and the participants enough!

i'm sorry to say that i pulled away when it seemed every pwc suddenly discovered this forum. (i know my "join date" says august 2009...but i was really on it long before. i was hesitant to join because i'm not a "joiner" and was somewhat intimidated.) with all the influx of new participants...i became overwhelmed trying to figure out who was who and navigate greatly multiplied threads. it also seemed like there was a lot more conflict. the pressure got to me. how snotty of me! especially considering the fact that i have always received encouragement and/or insight here from those who commented on threads i commented on and on my blog.

so...for what it's worth to anyone who is listening...it's good to be back after one incredibly stressful year...including a marriage separation and reconciliation, the loss of our home right at Christmas, a move on New Years Eve, a major downsize, a huge sale afterwards...(whine, whine!). and though i've never been a "regular"...i look forward to learning from you all and hoping to contribute something, at least.

btw...i'm having a major crash. can you tell?

despite it all...though it doesn't sound like it...i'm still resting in Him.
stay tuned....

Comments

So sorry about your year, and your crash - but am GLAD you are back!
The hardest thing to do is post when you feel like crap, so double kudos to you.
Yes, I agree Cort has the quintessential single resource for the most information, given in a timely manner, in an easy to find way.

Kelvin Lord;bt4456 said:
So sorry about your year, and your crash - but am GLAD you are back!
The hardest thing to do is post when you feel like crap, so double kudos to you.
Yes, I agree Cort has the quintessential single resource for the most information, given in a timely manner, in an easy to find way.

Thanks, Kelvin! You are, as always, encouraging.
Can't wait to catch up on your blog!
resting...more deeply tonight

It sounds so much you have had to deal with, hugs. Wishing you a good recovery Resting. ~Sleepy

Very glad to see you back...

Hope you will start feeling a lot better soon.

Stress also has the opposite effect. It makes us all stronger & wiser for the experience (although it may not seem so while we are going through it).

Hope each new day brings a greater sense of calm & peace in your life.

I'm so sorry for all the losses and hardships of this past year! I sent you a message when I first joined some months back, and have missed seeing your posts and wondered how you were. I'm glad you're back and continuing to rest in Him!

sleepy237;bt4461 said:
It sounds so much you have had to deal with, hugs. Wishing you a good recovery Resting. ~Sleepy

when i read about your struggles, mine seem so small. i cannot imagine dealing with this disease alone! i am praying that that will change in the near future.

thank you so much for your kind comments!

resting better today....

Victoria;bt4463 said:
Very glad to see you back...

Hope you will start feeling a lot better soon.

Stress also has the opposite effect. It makes us all stronger & wiser for the experience (although it may not seem so while we are going through it).

Hope each new day brings a greater sense of calm & peace in your life.

thank you Vicky! it's good to be back. my computer is acting up...so i'm having trouble getting back to people. trying to navigate and respond on my iphone is just too difficult. fortunately...today the virus in my computer has backed off!

how are YOU doing? headed over to read your blog.

resting peacefully...thank the Lord!

3CFIDS@ourhouse;bt4473 said:
I'm so sorry for all the losses and hardships of this past year! I sent you a message when I first joined some months back, and have missed seeing your posts and wondered how you were. I'm glad you're back and continuing to rest in Him!

i want to know your story. i cannot imagine having 3 people in your family with this disease! how kind of you to respond to my blog!

i tried to find your message but can't. don't know why it didn't post. your encouragement helps me to continue blogging, for which i'm grateful, since it is good therapy for me.

thanks so much!

You probably couldn't find my post because my befuddled brain got your avatar mixed up with a similar one. Actually, she sent the message on to you, realizing I had goofed! That is a story all in itself :D. When I didn't see you on the forum for such a long time, I worried about you, so I am really glad you are back! If you would like to read my story, it's here:
forums.aboutmecfs.org/showthread.php?9361-Friends....&p=147897#post147897.

I have this dream of someday all of us getting better and being able to meet each other! Take care!

Welcome back, Resting-- even though I'm pretty new here myself! I agree about Cort and PR-- I was SO happy to find this site! Hope you feel a bit better each day and glad you have survived a horrific year ...

3cfids@ourhouse: I "second" your dream!!! May it be soon ...

Blog entry information

Author
RestingInHim
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from RestingInHim