• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

My Story

Hello Terri! :D

Nice to see you writing! I really have enjoyed going back through your other blog posts here this morning.

I hope you are doing well Terri. :) Big hugs, Lisa

Comments

Yay for blog love! :D

I'm really happy to hear you enjoy reading mine too. hehe

More hugs! Lisa

So glad you "came out of the closet" to share your story- it is inspiring me to do more. It never ceases to amaze me how this insidious disease attacks the most successful, entrepreneural, "A-type" personalities. It just doesn't seem "fair." I mean, I have an "Uncle Mike" I'll call him who never worked a full day in his life, drinks like a fish, smokes, and his Doctor says he's healthier than a collegiate athlete. Go figure! Here's the thing I tell myself as a business owner who has gone through similar things---the money today is wisely invested...in me. I can always do another business and make the money back, as long as I can recover. As Peter Falk said in the original "In-Laws" movie, "The secret to the benefit program is staying alive."

Blog entry information

Author
Lisa
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Lisa