• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Things That Have Helped Me

Four years ago, I could not stand up for more than thirty seconds without feeling like I was going to pass out. I had given up driving for years. I was barely able to do anything without having to lay down alot. I was like that for many years.

Four years later, I can stand up for much, much longer periods of time. I can do alot more in a day. I am better than I was. I fought, and I fought to get this way. And this is what helped me.

First off, treating the Hashimoto's. When we upped the thyroid med, that's when I really got some life energy back. I'm able to wash dishes and do laundry without struggling now. I even get days where I can do several things in a day now. So that's one major thing.

Treating the POTS/NMH. I did alot for this. No garlic, no nitrates, NO MICROWAVING food! About four months into stopping the microwave meals, I started to see that I wasn't getting as many attacks of POTS blood pressure drops. Everything the Russian studies said about Microwave ovens was true. It causes POTS and CFIDS symptoms. As you are eating radioactive waste material. I also use real salt only and salt my food often. I use Celtic Gray Salt from the Salt and Grain Society. I have also used a brand called Real Salt. And I cook my own food 95 percent or more of the time. And NO hot or too warm showers. They trigger POTS attacks.

I take magnesium regularly.

I have cut out as much aspartame from my diet as possible. I will not have anything with it in there if I know it's in there.

No aluminum deodorants. Aluminum attacks the central nervous system. If I use it, I feel sick. I now only use aluminum free products.

I healed up alot of my acid reflux by eating raw red cabbage for a few months. It healed it up enough for me to be off all antacid drugs. I just take tums now when I need to. Also, no garlic, no onions. Both contribute to acid reflux. When I cut those out and cut out the chocolate, it's much better.

For flare up pain, I use a tylenol/butalbital combo. I think the name for it is Phrenilin, but it's without the caffeine. When I need something else, I use naproxen, even though it's still too hard on my stomach, so I don't use it that often.

I also cut out alot of breads and wheat from my diet. This helped with the IBS. I stick with more rice and veggie based things now.

I am better than I was. I am still pretty much housebound. I can go out a few times a month. But I can do more things I need to do in a day. Dishes, laundry, stuff like that. I still can trigger a POTS attack, but they are fewer than they were. So definitely, I am better than four years ago. With alot of hard work. So this is what helped me. And I hope some of it will help whoever reads it. I still get bad days, but I am better than I was. And I still pay with flares when I do stuff, but the flares don't usually last as long as they used to.

Comments

Thank You Carrigon. I have made similar dietary changes. Consequently, my diet is very monotone. Personally, I haven't excluded garlic or ginger, I don't think I have IBS....so. But, yes, rice and I'm experimenting by eating some spelt and wheat again. I think spelt is the better choice, and rice is #1 choice overall.
Like you, I have a bottle of Mg Citrate on hand. HOwever, lately I use it only when my nervous system is going bonkers. Otherwise I take a multi-mineral supp.
And, like you, I eat a lot of salt...alternating between table and the Celtic.
I think it's good to experiment and see what works and doesn't work well.

I don't have a micro because of EMF issues.

Thanks for posting this Carrigon. N :)

Thanks for sharing Carrigon. I am interested on finding more about the microwave effects. I do use a microwave as my functioning isnt v good at all on some days. Glad you have made some progress. ~Sleepy

Carrigon can you give me a link to the German studies that you referrenced?
Thanks and glad your making progress!
Hope Love Light

Russian studies, I don't have the link on this pc, but you can even look it up on the Mercola site. There's stuff out there if you look. The Russian studies and the Dutch studies both showed that the radiation from microwaving food causes a CFS like illness, among other things. Microwaving food was never safe.

Further to your comments on microwaves..............I've never liked microwaved food. I find some of it tastes 'metallic' (to me). I read somewhere once, that all food (cooked or raw) has a life force which is visible under a microscope and that all food cooked in a microwave is 'dead' (ie no life force visiable under the microscope). Was that statement True or False? I don't know, but I've never forgotten it.

There are warnings about sitting directly behind computers also. Why do they issue these warnings if they have no substance?

Limit your mobile phone usage - it causes tumours or cancer. True or False? I don't know, but why do they issue these warnings now?

I don't have the knowledge or expertise on any technollogy - I just know instinctively, living as natural a life as possible 'works' better for me & that includes drugs, scans, MRI's, unecessary surgery, processed & plastic packaged food.............I could go on & on.

A family member lent me a micrwave on 'permanent' loan - I gave it back a few weeks later.

It does alot more than just kill the food. It puts the food molecules back in the wrong order. It's kind of like that movie, The Fly, where you have BrundleFly and he's like part fly and part human. The microwave oven rips the food molecules apart and puts them back all scrambled up. It's not food anymore. It just looks like food. In fact, it then becomes all carcinogenic, plus your body doesn't know what to do with this junk. So that right there, you start to get sick. But the damage is internal, so you think you are okay because you can't see what it's doing to your digestive tract and the rest of you. Then it irradiates the food, so you are eating nuclear waste material. Your white cell count goes up, your digestive tract starts to degrade and become precancerous. Then add in when they tell you to microwave the food with the packaging. All that lovely plastic and paper and the dyes they put on it. What do you think that's doing to your body? Those are substances that were never, ever meant to be inside a human body. All this makes you sick and can cause Lupus and all other kinds of disease, autoimmune. The only reason we all ever had a microwave oven was because the government claimed it was safe. It was never safe. And that saying that fast food will kill you, it's true. Because every fast food place microwaves your food and they often do it with the packaging on it.

Maybe I'll stop microwaving!

When I went off wheat my knees stopped hurting (and they were really hurting) and my nights sweats stopped. When I went off corn this strange muscle pull almost disappeared and my energy went up a bit. Going off dairy helped with IBS symptoms. Stopping my nutmilk fruit shakes raised my energy a bit more. I'm looking at diet much more carefully now. Dr. Dantini says food allergens cause about 30% of his FM/CFS patients symptoms.

The old saying, you are what you eat, is true. Wheat, corn, soybeans have all been GMO'd. Our bodies cannot handle GMO food. It looks like food, but it's not. The body looks at it and doesn't know what to do with it. And we end up sick with weird symptoms. Dairy is a whole other issue. They use hormones and antibiotics in the dairy. It's not necessarily the lactose that bugs us, it's all the other junk in there.

Our entire food supply has been messed with. And it makes it very hard to find pure foods that won't make you sick. Just have to keep trying and look for organics and things with very little ingredients.

About the microwave/water issue. Someone did a test on that. They took two plants and they watered one with cooled water that had been normally boiled with a kettle, and the other one was watered with microwaved water. Guess which plant got sick and died? The microwaved water one. It looked sickly for a long time, nothing like the normal watered one, then it died. This is a test you can easily do at home.

Also, my net connection is about a good ten feet or so from my microwave oven. Turn the microwave on and it will knock out my net connection. If it can do that from ten feet away, what's it doing to our bodies?

Saturday, I had gone out with a friend and we ate microwaved food at both Taco Bell and Wendy's. Since I don't eat microwaved stuff anymore if I can help it, this is the only time in awhile that I've had it. Guess what, I'm sick as a dog this week with weakness, fibro pain all over and can barely function. Coincidence? I don't think so. I've noticed it every time I go out with her and we eat at these places. Any fast food place, I pay for a long time, and am sure it's the microwaved food. When we don't go out for a few months, I get better just making my own food.

I'm not sure about the microwaving, but I think the food at those places is of such low quality, full of chemicals and additives, unidentified meat by-products, artificial cheese, etc.-- I wouldn't eat it. Even years ago I'd feel sick eating "fast food". I eat microwaved food at home, but I won't eat at Mc D's, etc.

Interesting thing about the plants, though. I've never been totally convinced microwaves are "safe"-- I stand back when one is running.

Standing back won't do a thing. The box irradiates the whole kitchen. Kind of interesting how we were never warned of that. We all got conned into believing that a box with a radioactive isotope was safe to cook our food and be around. Same thing they're doing at the airports with the scanners. Wait a number of years, alot of those people going through the scanners will all turn up with cancers and who knows what else. They are not safe.

:D
Nico;bt4255 said:
Thank You Carrigon. I have made similar dietary changes. Consequently, my diet is very monotone. Personally, I haven't excluded garlic or ginger, I don't think I have IBS....so. But, yes, rice and I'm experimenting by eating some spelt and wheat again. I think spelt is the better choice, and rice is #1 choice overall.
Like you, I have a bottle of Mg Citrate on hand. HOwever, lately I use it only when my nervous system is going bonkers. Otherwise I take a multi-mineral supp.
And, like you, I eat a lot of salt...alternating between table and the Celtic.
I think it's good to experiment and see what works and doesn't work well.

I don't have a micro because of EMF issues.

Thanks for posting this Carrigon. N :)

i dont have a microwave because when i was pregnant the hospital told me not to stand near one so if it could harm your baby just standing next to one then what about the disgusting ukk that comes out of them.

Blog entry information

Author
Carrigon
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Carrigon