• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Thank You Anger

:thumbsup:

I live in a senior/55+ high rise. There is a provision here that lets "kids" like me live here, so long as we are verifiably disabled with a mobility kind of issue. So, here I am.

Last night the seniors and another 'youngster' met for a talent night. It was pretty amazing, some wonderful talent. Then it was my turn.

I started playing and singing "Both Sides Now" since the 6th grade. I could play and sing it in my sleep. But, the ME/CFIDS has taken me on a different path, so practicing hasn't been part of my repertoire in years.

I was actually quite fatigued last night, but I forced myself to go because the winter's isolation's effects are beginning to frighten me.

My turn came up. Despite brain fog and fatigue I tried to do my thing. A song that I could simply belt, keys I had memorized - became squeaky tones...and I was all thumbs. It's ok. I got through the fist stanza - a teenage visitor laughed at me - and I got through it.

This morning I was very angry about last night. :thumbsup: I used this anger to do a little art therapy. And, after breakfast when I had enough stamina, I got my guitar out and practiced 2 songs. :thumbsup:

Had I not been angry at last nights seeming fiasco, I would have not tried to improve.

I'm so grateful I had the energy to do this today.
Nico :thumbsup:

Comments

Well done! To let anger push you to do things is something one can have good use of. I know that many celebrities have used their anger to push them. :)

Thank you Tia, well, I have to say that after my practicing I did have a bit of a payback day (yesterday). But, who's complaining... not me. I'm going to read your gratitude post now :)

Blog entry information

Author
Nico
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Nico