• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Donate 50 - Get a Piece of ME/CFS History - The Historical 6 Dec Washington Post Ad

From the ME/CFS Worldwide Patient Allliance (MCWPA) - Donate 50 - Get a Piece of ME/CFS History

www.mcwpa.org or http://www.causes.com/causes/511536?m=f042604e

On December 6, 2010, ME/CFS patients worldwide made history with the publication of the Virus ad in the Washington Post. It is our voice, our message, a piece of ME/CFS history and testimony to the unique collaboration of thousands of patient advocates worldwide who are no longer invisible, no longer silent.

To celebrate our success and raise funds for future advertising/media projects we want to share this piece of ME/CFS history with you. For a limited time, make a minimum one-time donation of $50 or a monthly donation of $10 to the MCWPA and we will mail you the original newspaper page with the Virus ad; the ad that each one of us helped to make.

Quantities are very limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. Get your piece of ME/CFS history. Donate today, and help us begin our next project.

Details
Make a verified minimum one-time donation of $50 or a monthly donation of $10/month on the MCWPA Facebook Causes page at http://www.causes.com/causes/511536-me-cfs-worldwide-patient-alliance.
or
Make a donation of $50 to MCWPA through PANDORA www.pandoranet.info.

IMPORTANT: Donations must be made between Jan. 24 and Feb. 7. After you make the donation please fill out the following form to submit your address so that we can mail you the ad. https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHJncVkwYkhSSHhtc1ZuR0JUWGNHRmc6MQ.

Your submission must be received before 2/10/2011 to receive the ad. One ad per household. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.

Dec.-6-WP-Page-12-Ad.pdf

Comments

I'm THRILLED to be part of this. What a clever campaign. Maybe one day I'll frame my ad

Thanks Helen! We all were so thrilled to actually hold the newspaper in our hands! My husband brought several back for me from DC and I MADE him open his suitcase at the airport so I could hold the newspaper. I was sooo thrilled!

I am going to put the AD into a frame and keep it. I want my niece and nephew to see that their Aunt helped get a cure for ME/CFS (so they don't get sick because I love them so much) and alert the world's public to this new and very possibly deadly and highly contagious Retrovirus. Our Governments did not do their job in alerting the public about the Retrovirus - so WE ALL did. Everyone played a role in this AD and everyone should be very pleased and proud. This was a major public policy service to Americans and the rest of the world.

That AD was major proof that a true DEMOCRATIC ADVOCACY works and works very well. The AD had many comments from members that made it so much better. The AD had the impact that you all wanted to see and was not weak - that was the constant refrain from everyone. You all wanted a very powerful AD and you got it!

So, donate $50 and get the AD in the real newspaper. Frame it for the future and know that YOU were part of a cure for a disease so maligned, neglected, and really - quite deadly.

It really is something very cool to just hold in your hands!! I was soooo thrilled and jumping around at the airport! like a kid. My husband knew to just let me grab the newspaper, look at it, marvel at it, and then jump and jump.

It will be a part of history.
Muffin- I, for one, rarely read the blogs and almost missed this. I wonder if you would get a better response if you also posted under action alerts and advocacy in the forum?

Blog entry information

Author
muffin
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from muffin