• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

From My Commonplace Book - 4 - two very short poems for Nico

The first poem is by Lee Ann Brown. Since the title functions as the first word in the poem, I decided not to separate it from the poem with the author's name.

Words

weren't enough for her.

She often made
high cat cries
and danced hard
on the blue carpet.

Autobiographia Literaria

by Frank O'Hara

When I was a child
I played by myself in a
corner of the schoolyard
all alone.

I hated dolls and I
hated games, animals
were not friendly and birds
flew away.

If anyone was looking
for me I hid behind a
tree and cried out "I am
an orphan."

And here I am, the
center of all beauty!
writing these poems!
Imagine!

Comments

Those are awesome! I'd also like to take this oppourtunity to let ever know that I'm not THIS Nico's Dad. My son's name is Nico. If I had known about your screen name I would have picked something else.

That's a great poem by Frank O'Hara - wow!

He is creating beauty through his poems...sweet.....

I get the 'dancing hard' on the carpet - ME/CFS can be a hard dance indeed but it can still be a dance.

Thank you all! I have tears in my eyes. What a thrill to share my interest in these works with others. I feel freed from so much isolation.

Nico's Dad, yes, I had assumed you are the father of PR member Nico, and until this week, I had imagined PR member Nico as a boy or young man. I just checked her profile a few days ago. I've probably made all sorts of wrong assumptions about many people on PR. Oh dear.

Merry, no worries, it's a bit confusing....especially when using an androgynous nickname. I even baffle people in the chat forum. :D I'll try doing something more overt with my profile picture. If I can figure it out! :) Nico

Keep them coming Mary. I had never read O'Hara before and haven't read poetry much in a long time.

There's real hope in this

And here I am, the
center of all beauty!
writing these poems!
Imagine!

Imagine that - after all that here he is....he is the center of beauty and despair and everything...he went up and down (and ended down). Bloom thinks he's one of the major poets of the 20th century if I have the right guy (?)

Blog entry information

Author
Merry
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Merry