• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Adventure

(Inspired by Merry's Posts)

It's a Cafe',
Named after a dance,
The Flyer said
"Old Time Music Jam"

I'll go
This Sunday
readied with
carry-along food
ear plugs
cane

and hope

hope that I will endure the 2 1/2 hours

and not fall over
in my chair

I guess I better arm myself with Klonopin as well
the fiddling and the potential jigs
may toss me into a maelstroem

and I say thanks
for this opportunity
---------------------------------------

(copyright = me)

Comments

Nico, thanks for this. I chuckled - or maybe I shouldn't have. Earplugs! Such a problem to get out in the world and enjoy ourselves. I hope you do get out and aren't overwhelmed.

I read your comment on my blog and then thought to check if you have a blog and if you'd posted a poem. Strange to say, but I've only recently started reading members' blogs regularly. I will go back and read your previous entries.

Yes, chuckling is completely acceptable!!! I actually take it as a compliment. :)

Oh, my blog entries are not all chuckle-worthy.... but I guess today the St. John's Wort was working :)

thanks Merry - I understand not reading everything. I can only read the short & pretty easy stuff myself. :)

I love the last line - thanking for the opportunity -and being open to what opportunity is there....what more can you do?

Blog entry information

Author
Nico
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from Nico