• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Azithromycin & Mycoplasma

[COMMENT][COMMENT]
Francelle;114052 said:
I'm pretty sure that I improved a great deal - Mycoplasma wise (and goodness know what other bugs) - after taking Azithromycin for four months![/QUOTE[/COMMENT][/COMMENT]I:victory: wanted to record this info somewhere...

[COMMENT][COMMENT]
Francelle;114052 said:
I'm pretty sure that I improved a great deal - Mycoplasma wise (and goodness know what other bugs) - after taking Azithromycin for four months![/

Comments

I was on it a few years back from October to January. It only made me five percent better. It did remove ALL my pain temporarily while I was on it. All that pain down to your bones, it was all gone. But the side effect of severe uncontrollable diarrhea was not worth it. I ended up getting dehydrated and had to go off it. Everything returned once I was off it, the pain was back. But it was very interesting that the pain was gone while on it. And it made me wonder if they came out with one that doesn't have side effects, if I was on it for a few years, would I be better.

Excellent! How were you diagnosed with mycoplasma? Antibody titers?

Best, Timaca

There are tests for micoplasma. There are over two hundred known strains of micoplasma. Weaponized micoplasma was let out in the 80's via mosquito and dairy vector. I still have info on that somewhere on my drive.

The strain most commonly tested for in CFS/ME/CFIDS is Micoplasma P......if you want the test code....it is in my blog (don't have it on this mobile device....) I was on Azithromycin for 18 months for Micoplasma. I started at over the highest limit able to be recoded, so we do not know how high I am (on Quest Lab Scales)...after 12 months on Zithro (nicname)....I fell to just under 5.0.....then reactivated again and now am over the highest mark. I have switched back to Doxycycline (The #1 choice treatment)....I started Doxy 18 moths ago....and could not tolerate the stomach aches....I am back on it and dealing with severe stomach aches....but am determined to live with it for12-24 months to try and get rid of the Micoplasma. VLG on Valcyte Blog

This is what scares the bejesus out of me Julia. Isn't there a risk that you will become resistant to some of these abx if you're on them that long & you basically have no functioning immune system to keep those bugs in check once you beat them back?

aquariusgirl is voicing my concerns too. I know I have had micoplasma pneumonia in the past but my current doctor will not perform viral studies on me and that was a long, long, long time ago but I feel like I have the flu (what else is new?). What sort of doctor will do viral studies? I'm in AU by the way.

Blog entry information

Author
jaariel
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...