• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

When the Pain in My Side

I lie quiet in my bed.

Nativity in there,

little hard heads butted up
of the Divine
and his folks;

shepherds' hooks,
crowns of the kings;

poke of a hoof and a stick and straw
and roof peak;

and too many points
of a terrible star.

Comments

Thank you for sharing this Merry. An interesting picture indeed. I think I'll read it to my hubby as he was having tummy pain today - and we do have a wee nativity scene so he'll relate :)

Thank you, pamb. I'm surprised to find a comment.

I'm sorry that your husband is in pain or was when you wrote. I hope he is feeling better. Pain is demoralizing.

Wishing you both the best,

Merry

Hi Merry,

Just found your post and message. Please do post your poetry again when the spirit moves. A sense of humor goes a long way with pain and just about everything else. I'm still chuckling about the star with too many points, such insult AFTER all the bits of naggy straw :)

pamb;bt3665 said:
Hi Merry,

Just found your post and message. Please do post your poetry again when the spirit moves. A sense of humor goes a long way with pain and just about everything else. I'm still chuckling about the star with too many points, such insult AFTER all the bits of naggy straw :)

Hi, Pamb. The word "naggy" is new to me. I may not know what it means for sure (just using my imagination), but I wrote it down and hope for the opportunity to put it to use. Thanks!

Blog entry information

Author
Merry
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Merry