• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to Make Money While Sick in Bed

I finally found a few things that are working for me. And this is after looking for a very long time. You wont get rich off it, but it can be built up to a weeks grocery money. It really just depends on how determined you are, how much time and effort you put into it.

I started to investigate the paid survey sites. For years, I heard tales of people making anywhere from ninety to a few hundred dollars a month off the surveys. I always thought it was bull. But a net friend told me his wife was doing it, and then I met a few others who really are making good money off it. But it was a matter of knowing where to go to do it.

You will never qualify for all surveys. In fact, you might try ten times till you get one that lets you do it and get credited. But if you stick with it and keep trying, the money adds up. Also, there are some bad surveys where youll do it and then it will say you didnt qualify for the real survey or whatever. It wastes your time, but you just have to keep trying till you get a real one.

The top sites Im using right now are:

Quickrewards

This site is the best. You can do surveys, daily clicks, and they also have a great shopping discount program. You dont have to shop or buy anything. You can just do surveys. There is no minimum payout. You can request your money at any time to Paypal. Surveys usually take a week to credit, then youll see the money show up. The site is free to join. You just sit back and earn money. I made $9.20 in just my first few days there. And already cashed out to Paypal. And Im nowhere near done. I still have more surveys I did that will credit during the week.

Cashle

Cashle is similar to Quickrewards. It's a bit more involved, you have to remember to check off that you completed a survey when you do one. But it seems to be a site to make fast money. I just did a survey for them. They have alot of things you can do at their site to make money.

Cash4Free
Like Cashle and QuickRewards, but pays higher on the surveys. Worth doing them, you can make a good fifteen dollars a week off this site or more.

Opinion Outpost

I made $6.60 off their site this month. I actually made alittle more, but I cashed out too soon and their site wont let you cash out below five dollars. They do pay. But you dont get a lot of surveys in a month from them and probably wont qualify for much of them.

Dollarsurveys.net

I made five dollars this week off them. And I have a few more surveys waiting to credit. There is nothing to join here. You just give them your Paypal email address. Every survey you take, they give you a dollar. They let you do a few in a day, then their site will say there arent anymore surveys. So you just wait till the next day and start again.

Adpaid

Not the most attractive looking site, but you can do surveys. There is no minimum cashout. You can get your money sent to Paypal whenever you want. Ive done several surveys for them. But they only let you do three a day.

TreasureTrooper

A fun site with a kind of tiki island theme. It's similar to Quickrewards, but the payout is at twenty dollars and your Paypal account must be verified. Accepts both US and UK members. Has daily surveys you can do.

Ive tried a few other sites, but they sucked. Toluna is a huge waste of time. You wont see any money for like six months out of them. And OnlyCashSurveys, Ive done a bunch and they havent bothered to credit me. It just says pending and their policy is they can take forever to credit you if they want. Total waste of time.

Money can be made just from your bed or your couch. Its not big money, but if you build it up, just do the math. If you make even three dollars a day, thats ninety dollars a month. It can be done, if you put the time in. And it can be done if you are well enough to just answer questions on a pc. Most surveys are either about movies, video games, or things you buy. They want to know if you like certain drinks like Gatorade, or how many times youve watched a show on tv or seen a movie. Its not hard to do. It can be boring and repetitive and frustrating. But you can make some money even while being sick and disabled. I do this from my bed, just laying down and Ive made about twenty dollars so far in just the last few weeks and Im not done yet.

Tip: Always clear your cookies and browser cache after you have been credited for your survey so there are no problems with being credited with the next one. But make sure you were really done first. You should get a page that says you completed it successfully. Some sites will redirect you back to where you started, but not all of them do. As long as you got that success page and you wait to make sure its done, then you can clear cookies.

Comments

Hi Carrigon,

Great to hear something is going well and thank you for taking the time to share this. It's a great summary and any way you can make money lying in bed, in your own time, just when you feel like it, has got to be a very good thing.

Bonne chance!

hey carrigon! thats good news. good luck w that, and thanks for telling all of us about it.

also, against your advice, i have entered the world of online dating and disabled online dating. lets just say- its not going too well.

and fyi- i have huge rant post (about cfs and depression and isolation) on prohealth. you might find it interesting or at least i know you will relate to some of it.

take care- i am so glad something is going good for you!

bigmama2

I also wanted to add, some of these sites do take international people. I think QuickRewards allows US, Canada, and the UK. Adpaid might also. And DollarSurveys takes anyone with a Paypal email address. So if you're in the US, Canada, or the UK, you can still make money this way.

Most surveys pay anywhere from fifty cents to a dollar each. Try to do as many of the dollars ones as you can, but even the fifty cent ones add up.

Surveys usually take a half hour to an hour to complete. They always lie and tell you fifteen minutes or twenty minutes. It's never true. I even had a crazy long one that took two hours and I was determined to stick it out and get my money. I did get credited for it at the end.

You won't qualify for alot of surveys no matter who you are. They look for certain people. They might want to hear from a twenty year old when you are in your forties, so they disqualify you. Maybe they want someone with a baby or someone who works full time. It really just depends on what they are looking for. So you just have to keep trying and trying till you get one that lets you do it.

I've done movie surveys for movie studios where they showed a trailer and asked me how I liked it. I've done a perfume survey for a company that was looking for how we liked their packaging. I've done a survey for fast food and surveys for shopping for different things. Some of the surveys are actually interesting.

TIP for short term memory loss while doing these surveys: Simply take a screenshot using prnscr (print screen) on some keyboards you have to press shift and prnscr. Then open paint and paste it in there. So if they show you a picture, do this, and then you can easily answer their questions on what the ounces of drink were or the flavor or colors.

Carrigon,

Congratulations on finding a unique way to make $$$ without relapsing. Thanks for sharing the details, too.

BEG

Hi Carrigon,

I'm going to give a couple of these a try. I do epoll, which gives you rewards, not cash, for surveys. The movie surveys look to be the most fun-- how did you find those?

thanks, JAH

Surveys are always random. You might get a movie or tv survey, then your next survey is about cars or insurance. I just did one that had commercials, a movie trailer, and a full magazine to look through. They actually give you an interactive magazine that you can flip the pages of. They are only paying ninety cents for that survey. IMO, it should have been worth a few dollars because it took me like forty five minutes to do since it had so much in there. But I liked doing that one.

Awesome!! Thank you. I don't understand how you get the money once it goes into a paypal account??? Do you have to use paypal to buy something online then??

No, you buy nothing. All you do is request your money to Paypal and it is yours! You earned the money, that's it. You are essentially a freelance professional survey taker. You do the surveys, on some sites like Cashle, you just have to check off that you completed it. Wait till they credit you, Cashle is the fastest, within a few hours there. When you see the money on your account, as long as it's over a dollar, you can request it to Paypal. You will have it within a few days right into your Paypal account. The money is yours.

Never do anything where you have to pay or buy something. If you want to make the money, just do the surveys. Be very careful of any "offer" areas. Those are money traps where you have to sign up for crap. Do not do them. Just stay in the survey areas. Make your money, cash out.

Do the math. Three dollars every day is ninety dollars a month. Four dollars everyday is a hundred and twenty dollars a month. Set a goal and do it. I cashed out of Opinion Outpost last night at about five dollars and fifty cents and then three dollars and thirty cents from Cashle. I made over eight dollars from my bed last night, sick as a dog, too.

There is no catch, nothing. You are working by taking surveys. Just keep your account active, watch their site rules. Quickrewards lets you cash out when you have just a dollar if you want. But if you go over ten dollars in a cashout, they might want your Paypal account to be verified. You just need to know this stuff. Read every site's faq.

I've made about thirty five dollars in just a few weeks of doing all this and I'm not done yet. It doesn't sound like alot, but at the end of the month, it adds up and you can do it from home, from your bed or your couch. You are a professional survey taker, or a Consultant. Companies that you take the surveys for are asking you stuff, so you are "consulting" :D It really does work.

This is a very simple version of all these posts:

Use a free mail account from mail.com or yahoo or someplace for anything where you signup for something. That way if you get spammed, it doesn't matter. Most sites will allow you to do that, you put that account in the secondary mail area like in Quickrewards.

Do the surveys every day at each site, as many as you can. Do NOT stray from the survey areas unless you are sure that you are doing something that doesn't require a signup or anything where you have to spend money. Stick to the surveys. If you don't qualify, they usually ask if you want to keep trying to. Just sit there and keep at it till you get one. It doesn't matter if it looks like they are redirecting you, you'll still get credit once you finish it. So do the surveys, finish the surveys. Make sure you are done. Even wait a minute or so to make sure they don't redirect you back to your original site. You want to be sure you're finished. Then you want to clear your browser's cache and cookies before doing another survey. Always clear the cookies so you don't have trouble getting credited.

Surveys credit anywhere from a few hours to a few days to a week. But you will be credited. When you see the money in your account, if it is over a dollar you can request it to your Paypal account, or at some sites, request a check or other method. That's it. The money is yours. Cashout to Paypal time also varies. Some sites are faster than others, but usually within two days, then it will be in there. Just remember, if you then request a check from Paypal, there is a dollar fifty fee for a snail mail check. If you are verified and have a bank account linked to Paypal, there is no fee to have your money put in there.

Paypal's updgrade to a premiere account is free, so if you upgrade to premiere and verify a bank account with them, you can get a free debt card to use. So you get your money even faster.

That's it. You do the surveys, you make the money. The money adds up. Set a daily goal of how many you want to do in a day. Read the faq's at each site because some of them only let you do a certain amount each day. That's why you need several sites to belong to, so you get enough in a day.

Just did one survey for Opinion Outpost, took me about ten minutes and I made seven dollars. Now that is the fastest I've made descent money :D

Just wanted to ad, Adpaid has credited me for the surveys I did for them. So even though their site looks kind of crappy, they do pay. And they do take international members.

Blog entry information

Author
Carrigon
Read time
4 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Carrigon