• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Go ask Alice

I do not believe Lewis Carroll actually said this but I was always quite fond of Alice in wonderland for a great many years. I am sure I find comfort in parts of it since at times I can relate to her falling down a black hole.

I haven’t been left alone for an extensive amount of time recently… but that is changing this week. And in a super difficult symptoms week I may add most likely sparked by atomospheric pressure changes, super new moon and equinox. Also tried some new supplements this month that my liver said no to. So, it’s basically what I call a s*** party. Who really knows who first entered the scene.

But, it tis my reality again. I need to be brave. This saying reminds me of things I must remember.

“The first time I saw you I made a pact with myself: "I will avoid loving you until you learn to love yourself.

Do you love Me? Alice asked.

No, I don't love you! replied the White Rabbit.

Alice frowned and clasped her hands together as she did whenever she felt hurt.

See? replied the White Rabbit.

Now you're going to start asking yourself what makes you so imperfect and what did you do wrong so that I can't love you at least a little.

You know, that's why I can't love you.

You will not always be loved Alice, there will be days when others will be tired and bored with life, will have their heads in the clouds, and will hurt you.

Because people are like that, they somehow always end up hurting each other's feelings, whether through carelessness, misunderstanding, or conflicts with themselves.

If you don't love yourself, at least a little, if you don't create an armor of self-love and happiness around your heart, the feeble annoyances caused by others will become lethal and will destroy you.

The first time I saw you I made a pact with myself: "I will avoid loving you until you learn to love yourself."

- Lewis Carroll in Alice in Wonderland
Reactions: Zebra and Tammy

Comments

Wows I never knew Alice in wonderland was so..... . Meaningful in this way.

Yes! It really is a journey of shrivel or be on the journey of self discovery and love.
Who'd have thought such a bottom could have a perfect secret passageway

Last edited:
Now I have a story for you...
Lewis Carroll used to visit Brighton to see his sister. Sussex square and Lewis Crescent the widest Crescent in Europe built during Regency times is where he came to.
There is a tunnel that leads from the gardens under the road and out to the beach.
I had the v great honour of living in Lewes crescent in 2003 to 2005 . We had a rental apartment there. All residents had a key to the beautiful gardens and I used to use the tunnel to go to the beach.
Here comes the magic bit...
Lewes got his inspiration for the rabbit hole there fr those v same gardens and the tunnel!
His sister lives in Sussex square.
There are plaques there dedicated to him

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...s-Carroll-s-classic-goes-sale-3-7million.html

Wows I never knew Alice in wonderland was so..... . Meaningful in this way.

Yes! It really is a journey of shrivel or be on the journey of self discovery and love.
Who'd have thought such a bottom could have a perfect secret passageway

Oh, my. I love how you stated this.

Lewis Carroll used to visit Brighton to see his sister. Sussex square and Lewis Crescent the widest Crescent in Europe built during Regency times is where he came to.
There is a tunnel that leads from the gardens under the road and out to the beach.
I had the v great honour of living in Lewes crescent in 2003 to 2005 . We had a rental apartment there. All residents had a key to the beautiful gardens and I used to use the tunnel to go to the beach.
Lewes got his inspiration for the rabbit hole there fr those v same gardens and the tunnel!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...s-Carroll-s-classic-goes-sale-3-7million.html

Emma!? Whaatttttt 😍
I will be back later to comment on this more
What a treat this story was to come across today!!

This is incredibly, incredibly fascinating and I think I have re read your story multiple times. I think I might need more stories of your adventures in here if you ever feel like it. I can close my eyes and see it. Thank you for sharing this gem of a story with me this week. ✨

This is incredibly, incredibly fascinating and I think I have re read your story multiple times. I think I might need more stories of your adventures in here if you ever feel like it. I can close my eyes and see it. Thank you for sharing this gem of a story with me this week. ✨
Sure thing I've def had a lot of magical adventures... I'm writing a blog on here of Scotland it's a bit slowing coming ..
Oh there is another bit to share...
We lived next door to Kate Blanchett ( she and her family had the whole house 5 floor Regency. She had the roof taken off to have a roll top bath put in !
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-201067/Cate-splashes-bath.html
Below us lived a ' lady ' she was he wife of some top parliament guy...
And there was us on the top floor party ravers 🤣

Bahaha!
Oh that sure sounds like a time 😜
Just follow the white rabbit, Alice

I look forward to your blog on Scotland!

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...
  • Good morning, January sun ☀️ ✨☀️
    “May the light illuminate all hearts” ~ author unknown From my room...