• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A wedding, we will go

Would you like to hear a sprite of good news?
I think this dreary world would mostly say, yes. and please.
We had a wedding here, yesterday.
It came on very unexpectedly and quickly.
My husbands little brother and his girlfriend decided to get married
after many years of a colored journey together.
And they called us asking if they could drive 5 1/2 hours to do it HERE, 1 1/2 weeks ago.

So, i just went into path of least resistance and kinda let the wind sway as it may.
But eventually they needed help ordering a cake and booking a restaurant and
i was able to do these things! I may be the first bedridden wedding planner my
hospice nurse friend that helps me wash etc said, haha!

She wanted a forest fairy cake with their initials carved into it, like a birch tree with mushrooms etc. And i bought red and ivory rose petals for my daughter and hers to be the flower girl. They were so magical! My husband became ordained LAST WEEK to marry them (as they requested). And i though this could go one of two ways, like anything.

Initially, i thought it was going to be like an episode of Arrested Development. But, it turns out it was one of the most beautiful things i've ever partaken in. I really love my sister in law. We've always connected deeply and she feels like a soul sister. There was simply so much light surrounding them and the children, it was easy to be IN the joy and love of it all. I was able to sit up for a full 3 minutes in my wheelchair to witness it. I mean barely, but.....it happened and i'm still alive ha. Listening to the champagne glasses toasting, our children playing and giggling, feeling the love of it all. Being a part of something, even in this room. Her family is very inclusive of me and knows how to pulse laying in my bed to visit then leaving for me to recharge etc. Me, her and the kids even got to have a disco party in here last night (with one song haha... oogie boogie). Of course i could only move from bed but i felt the movement and the energy of it all and it enlivened me. It was food for my soul (i used to deeply enjoy dancing).

Later that night she held my hand and said she got married here (she was offered many other places to get married) because of me and she wanted me a part of this. And my heart beat. I felt so loved. Of course i felt guilt at first but she quickly helped dissolve those tendencies. So included. As if this bizarre and strange event that popped into our lives but a week and a half ago was a reuniter of love and light. If but for moments. Sowing seeds. Healing my heart.

To be loved, is quite simply, one of the most, powerful things.

Comments

So awesome Sunshine! What a wonderful turn of events to start out your New Year... on a highly positive note! I'm very happy for you in that not only you were able to participate and help plan, but also that your sister-in-law and you are so close and she seems to really understand.
Way to go! :thumbsup: May more such happy times be a regular part of this year for you.

How lovely that she wanted you to be a part of it, thus decided to have it in your home. Also, a bonus is that her family likes you. We're all hoping that a picture will be posted, too. Congrats to the new couple. A marriage is a journey, isn't it? Yours, Lenora

Oh sooo beautiful and so much 💕
Your a wonder to help wedding plan and then be part of and together x
Beautiful

Ps what does pulsing mean re visiting whatever it is I think I need it !
And 2 how do I start a new blog please 😁

Oh sooo beautiful and so much 💕
Your a wonder to help wedding plan and then be part of and together x
Beautiful

Ps what does pulsing mean re visiting whatever it is I think I need it !
And 2 how do I start a new blog please 😁

Thanks love, it was especially beautiful. ha, pulsing for me looks like talking/eyes closed/talking eyes closed/ adrenals pounding and painful/cells recharge, etc. and so on and on.

hmmm, i'm the last person you want to go to for tech advice, bahaha, i just click the little tangerine color post blog icon thingy. A blogging you will go! Best wishes with all your life changes lately emma :star:

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from sunshine44