• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

RANDOM THOUGHTS ….Why yes. Now that you ask, lightening CAN strike twice. A first-hand account of COVID reinfection, with and without the jabs …

1667180244854.png
First, let me say that my husband, DB, has had all his COVID jabs, and all his boosters. I, on the other hand, have had none. Partly because I’m homebound, so feel that I’m somewhat insulated against it, or at least against multiple exposures to it, and partly because I’ve read various accounts, here in these threads and elsewhere, that leads me to fear the possible repercussions of piling the jabs on top of ME.

1667180345965.png
When DB first experienced symptoms, he figured it was some sort of passing bug and didn’t mention them. Several days after he first experienced symptoms (based on subsequent conversations we had about this), I started experiencing what I at first thought was one of those ME spikes that I get from time to time, and ignored it.

1667180468259.png
A couple of days after that, DB, looking apologetic and hangdog (he’s almost got The Look copy-righted, it’s down so pat), approached me cautiously and said he was afraid that he contracted COVID. This was about 2-3 weeks or so after his last booster.

1667180534874.png
Things devolved rapidly after that, and he dragged himself into the VA (he’s ex-Air Force, and has nothing but good to say about them, my opinion isn’t quite as high), got tested, and the nurse, backing away ever so slightly and adjusting her mas, said “Yup. You’ve got COVID. If it gets worse or you have respiratory problems, come back immediately.”

That was….. lemme see …. Wednesday, I think. Since then. it’s been all downhill.

1667180585123.png

Here are some of the symptoms we have in common:

• Profoundly nasty aches in every tissue, joint, muscle, ligament, and tendon …
  • Bad lower back pain ….
  • Dizziness and nausea …
  • Total lack of any appetite at all …
  • Profound fatigue, lassitude (I couldn’t resist mumbling, “Welcome to my world …” when DB said he could barely stand and was going back to bed) …
  • Nasal and chest congestion ….
  • Runny nose, sometimes torrential, again, worse for DB than for me ….
  • Cough .... mine is waaaay worse than DB's, but intermittent, ad much less than my first bout ... thank God ....
  • Slight shortness of breath, worse for me than for him, but not as bad as the first time I had COVID, about 2 years ago…
  • Dry raspy, very sore throat, again, worse for DB than for me ….
  • Headaches that come and go ….
  • Extremely muted ability to think. At all …. about anything …
  • Achy eyeballs ….
  • Change of taste, worse for DB than for me ….
  • Fever, sometimes with passing chills, sometimes with sweats ….
  • Painful skin. This one is all DB’s. I have painful everything else, but not that ….

So what does that tell us about COVID?

1667180771865.png

Well, for one, the jabs aren’t the complete protection we’d like to think, or that we’ve been told in a roundabout sort of way by health ‘experts’. Either that, or we got one of the mutant variant strains that the current jab can’t protect against.

And that having had COVID once does seem to reduce some of the symptoms on the second go-round….

What we’re doing to deal with it ….
  • Increased Vit C,
  • Magnesium,
  • Zinc,
  • Vit D,
  • MK-7,
  • Calcium.
  • Muttered prayers.

1667180889764.png
I’ve recently added Vital Nutrients ViraCon to my groaning shelf of Things I Need To Try When I Work Up The Courage, an herbal/vitamin combo with a small amount of zinc (based on one capsule, as opposed to the 3 capsules-per-dose recommendation on the bottle), along with elderberry, 30% Standardized Scutellaria Baicalensis, Bee Propolis, Astragalus, Isatis Root, Berberine HCL, Hypericum Extract, Licorice extract … all the herbals are standardized versions. See the supplement label below ….
1667181023291.png

I’ve been a fan of Vital Nutrients for years, and trust them. We’ll see how this concoction works , and I’ll report back. Eventually. Right now, I’m having some difficulty keeping up with basics. Like breathing.

1667181241868.png
If any of you have had your own experiences with one or more COVID infections, please feel free to share them, along with whatever you did to deal with the little bastard, below ….

Comments

get well soon. i like your artistic style of writing this story.

i had
- not much cough
- no appetite, this persisted for months
- little fever almost no chills
- very sleepy and this was the best sleep i had in years. i dont know what my body did, but the sleep was amazing, wish i could sleep like this at night ***
- a bit pain in joints but my muscle symptoms got better
- mild flu like symptoms
- first day i had heart rate of like 140 in resting state. also shortness of breath like running like a maniac. his was the worst day
- second day much better, HR around 120
- third day HR around 100 .. which is almost my normal resting rate of 80-90.
after third day it was basically over, just a little flu symptoms here and there for another week.

after this week i felt better than before. weird.

that was early 2020, the first corona strain.
never got corona again, at least not with symptoms.
never been sick since.

vax is crap. everyone i know who got it, permanently is sick, got another round of covid. what a joke.
everyone i know who didnt vax, had covid at max once or not at all. is barely sick.
vitamin D according to german meta research reduces death by covid to zero if serum levels are ~50ng/ml . we do not need a vax, we got a "cure". its VD. imho.

*** i have feeling my immune system is overactive normally. when i contract a real disease it calms down for a time. can't explain it otherwise.

that was early 2020, the first corona strain.
You and I both got it about the same time. I got it in March of 2020, and that round was brutal ....

This second one is no where near as bad, tho still not very pleasant. It's kinda like the worst of moderate ME on crack. More pains, less brains, everything's a strain .....
vitamin D according to german meta research reduces death by covid to zero if serum levels are ~50ng/ml . we do not need a vax, we got a "cure". its VD. imho.
I agree with the value of Vit D ..... I started boosting DB's dose just before COVID hit, then bumped it a little more after his last blood tests. His levels are OK, but I'd like them to be higher. I just dont like to mess around with his system to much, altho I'll do ungodly things to mine, just to find a way out of all this crap .... still looking :pem::pem::pem: ....

I'm not sure if Vit D's an out-and-out cure, but the difference it makes in the duration and severity seems absolutely undeniable ....
*** i have feeling my immune system is overactive normally.
That's not uncommon in ME, at least from what I've read in these threads, and now from you, too ....
get well soon. i like your artistic style of writing this story.
Thank you Linus, much appreciated :woot::woot: :):):):):)....

The grimmer the subject, the more I try to lighten it ...

And thank you too, for the get-well wishes. Working towards it, one hacking cough at a time ....:huh::huh::huh:

You and I both got it about the same time. I got it in March of 2020, and that round was brutal ....
i also did in first week of march 2020!! thats weird, they told in the news that there arent many cases in germany at all at that time. and i was in a nursing home, never went out.. how did i get it?
what country are you from? me germany.

I'm not sure if Vit D's an out-and-out cure
you are right, its no cure.

That's not uncommon in ME, at least from what I've read in these threads, and now from you, too ....
Yes, but I am not sure if the over activation in my case is the cause or a symptom. Because the one time I had remission for three months I also got a regular common cold. Since my crash I haven't been sick at all for years.

The grimmer the subject, the more I try to lighten it ...
I got a similar approach, I am starting to do dark morbid humor and sarcasm and a bit cynicism.

what country are you from? me germany.
Me, USA .... sort of towards the west, which is whre the Yippee Ki Yow came from ..... like " .... yippie ki yi yo, git along little doggies ....". Old country wester song ....
i was in a nursing home, never went out.. how did i get it?
More to the point, how did you not die from it? Mortality from COVID in nursing homes, at least over here, is fierce. It takes on a life of its own, spreads like wildfire, and WHAM !!! Before you even know it's name, it's your turn !!! ..... They're probably better run in Germany, tho still not what I think of as .... fun.
you are right, its no cure.
I'll settle for a large, dependable help. I was very cautious about Vit D before I got COVID, partly because due to a lot of things, I found that I was reacting to it badly. I had to start with tiny, teeny, eensy little doses and work my way up, and still wasnt taking anywhere near what I should have been when COVID hit ....
Because the one time I had remission for three months I also got a regular common cold
You know, that's what quite a few of members here have said. That they seem to have a strange super power, until they go into ME remission, and then they're like flu-central. If the ME comes back, they're back to their Super Power, evading pretty much every bug that wanders evilly thru town ....
Since my crash I haven't been sick at all for years.
Well there you go ... the Magical Shield !!! Use it well, Grasshopper !!!!
I got a similar approach, I am starting to do dark morbid humor and sarcasm and a bit cynicism.
Don't forget to throw in a little snark and a small side of snide :D:D:D ....

Do try the mag glycinate. I think it might help. Well, at least I know it helped me, and am hoping it'll do the same for you ....

Blog entry information

Author
YippeeKi YOW !!
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs