• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Homeopathy

I've been wanting to talk about homeopathy. Due to false information and assumptions, i have never really toyed with homeopathy much until this February. I do wish i had decided to experiment with it many many moons earlier. A few reasons being, it has helped my husband and son through multiple viruses now. They are mostly only western medicine people but taking a 102 fever just beginning, away in 6 hours and to not come back....has them curious and asking for more...although its secretive. Ha, people whom are mainstream western medicine only generally feel embarrassed when taking a 'sugar pill'. It makes sense though. Mob mentality is a powerful thing. Nothing matched trauma care like western medicine. That being said, homeopathy has perked my curiosity on chronic conditions.

According to NIH:

"Homeopathy, also known as homeopathic medicine, is a medical system that was developed in Germany more than 200 years ago. It's based on two unconventional theories: “Like cures like”—the notion that a disease can be cured by a substance that produces similar symptoms in healthy people."

Its complicated and involves assessing constitutions and has strange potencies....but its quite ideal for many whose systems are very compromised and sensitive. I had a virus from the end of May to the end of June and it was a nasty virus. I had a fever for most of those 30 days. I do credit my homeopathy experimentation with not needing to be hospitalized. Even though i really didn't fully know how much or often to dose in an acute condition like that. There is a learning curve. Then i began recovering and caught covid with my family ONE WEEK LATER. People around me were pretty concerned. I was definitely concerned. I couldn't sit up to use restroom for days etc. amongst many things. I began homeopathy during it again because what did i have to lose, i told myself. It seemed to help my lungs immensely this time with a different remedy. After recovering from covid, i became really curious. I thumbed through a book and did my own research but began realizing i needed some guidance. I wanted to see what it could offer more chronic conditions. I became curious that just a few shades difference between LM1 to LM3 could shift a bodys response to treatment. 30C was a more standard dosing for acute states and other territory and less commonly 200C for severe shock and other crises.

So, i found a homeopath located in London. She is also a western medicine pharmacist (was, she has left the hospital setting because of a few reasons) and now solely dispenses homeopathy. Shes incredibly knowledgeable. I feel grateful. I have no expectations. She has no expectations. She just helps provide guidance for the different phases of healing a severe state like mine goes through. I am learning. My prescription was $8 for a month ha! Even, if i forever remain in a bed, this feels like the next right step for me. I am noticing changes that i do not feel like sharing as of yet but will in the future if it becomes time.

In the meantime, if you are curious or already familiar but want to know a few brands....
I bought the Helios Family kit which has been incredible at treating many ailments in each family member from simple tummy aches to headaches to cold/flus and the Ledum 30C was even used on a caretakers son whom has an allergy to antibiotics but was bit by a tick for a few weeks (disclaimer: ER did not feel the need to start him on antibiotics). Its surprised family and friends. Its not perfect. Sometimes you have to try different remedies which there are rules and guidelines on but overall it has exceeded my expectations...by far.

There are many brands. Quite a few of us are sensitive to dairy/lactose etc which are in the popular Boiron brand. I found Helios which is only sucrose. Tiny, tiny amounts. There is a history behind why eastern medicine uses small amounts of sugar in healing. Much different that our current western alternative medicine diagram which thinks all sugar is the devil. Anyways, heres a few brands i've liked if interested:

Helios kit (dairy free): I bought mine on amazon but the Miranda Castro shop is having a sale currently
https://mirandacastro.com/shop/kits/helios-basic-bundle/

Cell salts (to remineralize teeth and bones)-dairy free: https://mirandacastro.com/shop/miranda-castros/cell-salts-for-bones-hair-nails-teeth/

Arnica Cream for pain, etc: **edit-this is includedin above kit! along with another cream**
https://mirandacastro.com/shop/helios/helios-arnica-cream/

Bach Flower Essences Stressaway (alcohol version-i put on my wrists instead of internally but they have alcohol free versions):
https://www.iherb.com/pr/bach-origi...HiI7gMIgHcxF_DLC7H7weGJGoNBZRBF0aArDcEALw_wcB

Bach Flower Essences for depression:
https://www.target.com/p/bach-original-flower-remedies-hope-and-joy-kit-for-comfort-and-optimism-vegan-3-x-20ml-droppers/-/A-86975254?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000012576707&CPNG=PLA_Other_All+Products+Shopping|Miscellaneous_Ecomm_Other&adgroup=All+Products_Catchall&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9016181&targetid=pla-297612067635&ds_rl=1246978&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6_CYBhDjARIsABnuSzriGCi0Uz-2AsGlGREI0iAye03GGLGHy8mB9otpFDy-VdXfpKg4cvoaArnZEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I should note i am using multiple Bach remedies for severe anxiety at times and phobias etc. I am working with a practioner but one can research and read up on this area to find which remedy could assist you. Bach flower essences has been assisting me in many ways and i have been on long term benzos multiple times between klonopin, xanax and ativan and i can honestly compare the relief they provide to benzos (my experience, we are each different) without benzos negative side effects. I have a funny story about Bach Flowers Stressaway blend....maybe i will tell it one day.

be well everyone :heart: thank you for being here and supporting and sharing with me while we all heal together.

:heart:
sunshine

Comments

Great post! your experiences with homeopathy are very interesting...I"m tempted to introduce some more of this into my mix.

A remedy came up the other day...in another post.

now, my challenge is where is the post? Violetta...in the b-caryophylene threads...(I decided to start breathing in the Copaiba Oil with b-C to see if I can enjoy benefits from just smelling it (its pleasant)..it was a chloride salt of Potassium....(I think?). the list of things it addresses are all things our bodies often do....

I recall being about eleven years old, and going Into a tiny shop in a very old house, and the shelves were lined with tiny vials of tiny pills. It was all very mysterious at the time.

I am into energetic medicine. I view homeopathy as dabbing in that arena.

A substance is both its chemical self, its physical self but also it has an energetic component.

It even overlaps with alchemy. Patterns repeat themselves at different scales.

Something can share a "style" of operation. Through odd equivalencies.

I was given Ground Scorpions. One of the few times, I got a chinese medicine thats an animal. They raise the scorpions for this purpose.

Taking ground scorpions...is a sleep aid. (Its the whole scorpion ground up) Something that poisons you, helps you sleep when taken in a particular manner.

I feel a bit badly that I was nervous about the scorpions. Sometimes, I am nervous to experiment. And obviously, I"m thinking about what is ground up and now a powder, in my tea.......

So I never really tried it. (Kept putting off actually trying it)

Its possible the rhinoceros horn is in fact: doing something. But in that case, there is nothing sustainable there, so its not ethical to be taking such products.

If one operates outside morals and ethics, healing is impaired.

I wandered out to check out Scorpions.....(it was 7 years ago)

reading this, I am now of the Opinion maybe I should be getting on these ground scorpions right away.

Wow they sound AMAZING (no mention of sleep, in this write up)

https://www.chineseherbshealing.com/proven-herbal-remedies/facts-about-scorpions.html

I would get additional guidance, if its safe for me, from my herbalist, should I decide to further explore: scorpions.

From the link above:

It contains scorpion poison, which is a protein that resembles neurotoxic poison. Crude venom of the scorpion contains a variety of scorpion venom toxins, including insect neurotoxin, neurotoxins in crustaceans, mammalian neurotoxin, antiepileptic active polypeptides (AEP), analgesic active peptides like tityustoxin %u2162, and hyaluronidase. Scorpion hydrolysate contains amino acids like aspartic acid, threonine, serine, glutamic acid, glycine, alanine, cystine, valine, methionine, isoleucine, leucine, tyrosine, phenylalanine, lysine, histidine, arginine, and proline. It still contains 29 kinds of inorganic elements, such as sodium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, aluminum, copper, manganese, chlorine, etc. Furthermore, it also contains trimethylamine, betaine, ammonium salts, cholesterol, lecithine, taurine, palmitic acid, linolenic acid, 15-methyl palmitic acid, iso-oleic acids, arachidic acid, etc.

wow rufous, thats fascinating.
yeah, i've been to a few eastern herbalists, especially in decade prior when i was stronger. I remember once i was on ground cuttlefish powder ha! it practically put me in a panic attack to try...for a variety of reasons, just like you.

There is really gold waiting to be found in the theory behind homeopathy. I know the FDA acknowledges it...but if big pharma ever loses some of their deathly grasp on the 'healing industry', it would be very interesting to learn more of how this possibly works. It points very much so to the realm of an energetic medicine. Which honestly is so much different than herbs and the like, that i find it very curious indeed. In my experience, my body rapidly crashes from most internal herbs with this disease. Its been quite frustrating given i studies them and thought they would be a huge ally to me with this illness. Of course, a few have but overall, its been a dangerous learning curve for me. I am a severe case though. And my an original placebo theory doesn't stand up much since it works on babies and children whom have no idea.

The other thing, that is one of the more enticing aspects of homeopathy is it has so little possibility of harming the user. Which cannot be said for most any other healing modality. Some would argue that homeopathy offers zero harm but i'm still cautious and go low and slow. Sometimes it seems humans know so much only to know so little. How can that be?

Rufous, the last sentence of your first post is incredibly spot on. I have found this to be the case as well. I am glad you found it engaging. Do let me know if you end up experimenting at all with it.

I wandered out to check out Scorpions.....(it was 7 years ago)

reading this, I am now of the Opinion maybe I should be getting on these ground scorpions right away.

Wow they sound AMAZING (no mention of sleep, in this write up)

https://www.chineseherbshealing.com/proven-herbal-remedies/facts-about-scorpions.html

I would get additional guidance, if its safe for me, from my herbalist, should I decide to further explore: scorpions.

From the link above:

It contains scorpion poison, which is a protein that resembles neurotoxic poison. Crude venom of the scorpion contains a variety of scorpion venom toxins, including insect neurotoxin, neurotoxins in crustaceans, mammalian neurotoxin, antiepileptic active polypeptides (AEP), analgesic active peptides like tityustoxin %u2162, and hyaluronidase. Scorpion hydrolysate contains amino acids like aspartic acid, threonine, serine, glutamic acid, glycine, alanine, cystine, valine, methionine, isoleucine, leucine, tyrosine, phenylalanine, lysine, histidine, arginine, and proline. It still contains 29 kinds of inorganic elements, such as sodium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, aluminum, copper, manganese, chlorine, etc. Furthermore, it also contains trimethylamine, betaine, ammonium salts, cholesterol, lecithine, taurine, palmitic acid, linolenic acid, 15-methyl palmitic acid, iso-oleic acids, arachidic acid, etc.

sounds very interesting!
Still makes me a bit nervous, ha!

It points very much so to the realm of an energetic medicine. Which honestly is so much different than herbs and the like, that i find it very curious indeed.

the herbs also have their energetics.

I am really lucky, I was able to tolerate the chinese herbs stomach wise.

I have met people who can't hardly tolerate it at all.

I use a topical lotion, formulated with about 18 CTM herbs. Its a miracle product and I even have tried to imagine MARKETING IT.

Get rich quick scheme, on my end.

(in other news, the price of CTM herbs went way way up.) (all imported)

I tried Homeopathy probably 25 yrs. ago. I went to a pharmacist who had studied in Greece and had a Certificate after mos. of study. She certainly had quite the array of cures.

I ended up buying one of the kits mentioned by @sunshine44, and after a time rather gave up on it. I was never able to test the potency, thus it was a no-go.

Was it me? Perhaps. Maybe I simply didn't know enough, but she certainly did. I did see her a few times and the tiny pills I was given didn't make any difference to my pain levels. However, since it's commonly practiced in Germany, I'm sure there are many legitimate uses. A good 90% of any cure is in the mind (and I do believe that). Some things help us along, but we also have to believe they'll make a difference. The placebo effect works in more than one way.

I also tried acupuncture about 4 different times. Very time consuming and surely the practitioners lost money on me with the numbers of needles used. A Chinese friend took me to what she referred to as "the real deal," but even that was a failure. Acupressure, on the other hand, has turned out to be very useful, as well as ice. (And my Dr. told me about the latter....I still use it at times today).

Bottom line: What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another, or works in a different manner. When you think about it....why not? We're all different in some way, so it makes a certain amount of sense.
I do wish healing for all of you....Yours, Lenora.

Anyway, I hope you all find something that really works, or even a combo of things. That would be nice. Yours, Lenora

I sometimes use Hyland's Calms Forte if I wake during the night. Just 1/4 or 1/2 of a tablet helps me get back to sleep. I also use Arnicare Gel as a topical for soreness.

I don't know that there will ever be an acceptance of homeopathy in the U.S. because people can't get past the idea that it works on an energetic level. The only thing most people focus on is that a homeopathic remedy contains such a minuscule amount of the active ingredient.

I sometimes use Hyland's Calms Forte if I wake during the night. Just 1/4 or 1/2 of a tablet helps me get back to sleep. I also use Arnicare Gel as a topical for soreness.

I don't know that there will ever be an acceptance of homeopathy in the U.S. because people can't get past the idea that it works on an energetic level. The only thing most people focus on is that a homeopathic remedy contains such a minuscule amount of the active ingredient.

thank you for sharing. I had almost forgotten i used to take the hylands calm forte in 2011-2013 for when i was feeling especially anxious. It was very helpful! Funny how we forget things we've tried on this journey.

Yes, humanity has much evolving to do before homeopathy is more accepted, ha! i certainly agree.

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
4 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from sunshine44