• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

kitty

I got to hold a kitty 2 weeks ago (and the same one, again last week)! It was such a heart fulfilling experience. I wasn't sure how i was going to do because with mast cell i've become sensitive to so much. Uh, thats an understatement. I had kitties my entire life. I never realized how much they comforted me for 27 years. My daughter has been wanting a kitty, immensely, like with every ounce of her being ...but my son is allergic to fur animals and we had to go through 3 hospitalizations and much trauma upon me finally demanding on the last hospitalization to find if he had allergies. I was told unlikely. Oh my was he allergic. Oh my were they wrong. So, in 2009, my frail body (i was becoming quite ill this year and i was scared and new to this world) had to let go of my two best friends. Since it was the right thing to do. It was also, surprisingly, one of the hardest things i've ever had to do. Especially with my first kitty i had from the time she was weeks old. We went through so much together over 8 years...and one day i had to let her go, long before our time up...was due. It hurt. To lose a companion like that during such a fragile time of my life. I think a part of me numbed out. I already had lost so many foods that year and was 85 lbs and close to a feeding tube i was told. It was a straw that pushed me into a new era of my life. Letting them go.

So, i mostly haven't been by kitties for many years with my sons allergy (which has improved now that hes much older). Two weeks ago, i received a phonecall that my daughter wanted to bring her to come meet me first. I wasn't sure how to feel. I was incredibly excited but i've learned not to get attached to anything...so i subconsciously put my barriers up. Then my daughter brought her in here...and placed her on my chest. She was so itty bit. This little gray beauty. So tiny. No mama. All alone in this world with no choice but to acclimate to her surroundings to survive and all of these new strangers. Her teeny meows quickly shifted to a purr and release of nervous energy as our heart beats synced up. I pet her tiny body. She laid on my chest staring at the sun coming through the window above my head. I began sobbing. Trying to not bother kitty, i at first attempted to hold it in...but then i just began free flowing crying. She was so beautiful. So pure. This new little life form entering this world. So full of love. The little girl in me was so satiated holding a kitty. Tears streamed down my face. She opened something in my heart. Although i feel so much pain most days, i was so in the now with her.....just experiencing the pure essence of her and i bonding. Bonding is nurturing. Nurturing is healing. Thank you kitty. For bringing my daughter and i SO much love.

Comments

So so beautiful to read thank you x
' she laid on my chest staring at the sun ..
I began sobbing '.

Bonding yes ..

One of my biggest realisations is how important connection , love , bonding and intimacy are ..
Hearts deep desire .

I'm going to get a kitten when I move ..
I'll share pics with u if u would like x

So so beautiful to read thank you x
' she laid on my chest staring at the sun ..
I began sobbing '.

Bonding yes ..

One of my biggest realisations is how important connection , love , bonding and intimacy are ..
Hearts deep desire .

I'm going to get a kitten when I move ..
I'll share pics with u if u would like x

gosh, its really so true emma rose :heart::heart::heart:
oh YES!! i would love if you shared this with me :)
That will be such a wonderful experience for you!

Hi @sunshine44......So are you keeping the kitty? I'm assuming that your son has moved out but yes, it does help to have something to love. Pets can be very comforting to say the least. Work yes, but your daughter will care for her for many years. You just get to spoil her.

I would have a pet except that my hubby is against it....can't say I blame him as he's the one who will have to do all of the work. If I ever live alone (I don't want to part from him) my guess is that I'll be far too old to have a pet, but I'll enjoy reading about yours instead.

My daughter has a terribly undisciplined dog....like a child without manners. If I can even make it there, it's not exactly a treat to have pet in my face, slobbering and then rubbing his behind all over.

The plus, is that he then leaves my hubby alone.

I just mentioned to my husband the other day that I'm ready for a really good story about animals....any animals. Something calming about them.

Have any of you watched/read the James Herriott stories or TV productions? There was a new one made recently....a copy of the original ALL CREATURES GREAT & SMALL. You and your daughter will both just love it, although I'm a fan of the original and it's harder to find today. It's British, so look under those shows. You'll feel as if you're in a time warp and will come away feeling all good and fuzzy at the cycle of life, both human & animal.

Another one is in the clinic built by James's son (real name of James Herriott is Alfred White). We had the joy of meeting him when our girls were young.

It's good, as a matter of fact I may watch that again. I need an animal fix (but not that way!).
Yours, Lenora xo

Last edited by a moderator:
What a precious gift, to meet this kitten, thank you so much for sharing this.

is she now going to live with your family? I was a bit unclear on that...

Ironically my brother is the one with cat allergies. Not me, the one covered in famous allergic reactions....I don' t get poison oak hardly, either! But do not brush up against a cypress....

Hi @sunshine44......So are you keeping the kitty? I'm assuming that your son has moved out but yes, it does help to have something to love. Pets can be very comforting to say the least. Work yes, but your daughter will care for her for many years. You just get to spoil her.

I would have a pet except that my hubby is against it....can't say I blame him as he's the one who will have to do all of the work. If I ever live alone (I don't want to part from him) my guess is that I'll be far too old to have a pet, but I'll enjoy reading about yours instead.

My daughter has a terribly undisciplined dog....like a child without manners. If I can even make it there, it's not exactly a treat to have pet in my face, slobbering and then rubbing his behind all over.

The plus, is that he then leaves my hubby alone.

I just mentioned to my husband the other day that I'm ready for a really good story about animals....any animals. Something calming about them.

Have any of you watched/read the James Herriott stories or TV productions? There was a new one made recently....a copy of the original ALL CREATURES GREAT & SMALL. You and your daughter will both just love it, although I'm a fan of the original and it's harder to find today. It's British, so look under those shows. You'll feel as if you're in a time warp and will come away feeling all good and fuzzy at the cycle of life, both human & animal.

Another one is in the clinic built by James's son (real name of James Herriott is Alfred White). We had the joy of meeting him when our girls were young.

It's good, as a matter of fact I may watch that again. I need an animal fix (but not that way!).
Yours, Lenora xo

Animal love is the best :heart:
I have not heard of this Lenora, thank you! I shall look into the series :)

What a precious gift, to meet this kitten, thank you so much for sharing this.

is she now going to live with your family? I was a bit unclear on that...

Ironically my brother is the one with cat allergies. Not me, the one covered in famous allergic reactions....I don' t get poison oak hardly, either! But do not brush up against a cypress....

the deets are my son is a senior in high school and still at home so kitty is living with grandparents :)

isn't that the truth! lol...you put that quite well rufous, i can relate :lol:

I need an animal fix

we stumbled accidentally into the videos about Fiona is Born.

Cincinnati zoo: they seem to be on you tube, many episodes. On You Tube

So to watch the Episode when Fiona is born, and these humans save her life, well its breathtaking and awesome and this tiny hippopotamus is this Most Precious Creature that could change the world.

o kitty is living with grandparents :)

that is also a gift. Because kitty is nearby, kitty is with family and you can get updates on how the kitty is doing. And maybe you'll get to see her, yet again!

We miss animals terribly- we always have a cool dog. My husband wore off his knee, taking dogs on walks.

If I can get down to where my daughter is, she now has a cool dog that I can at least hug. But don't have to be responsible for!

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...
  • Good morning, January sun ☀️ ✨☀️
    “May the light illuminate all hearts” ~ author unknown From my room...