• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Non-controversial Things (hopefully)

Wasn't sure if (or when) I was going to blog again (or in what form), but I needed to share this awesome fantastic news.

Yesterday I was officially approved for my motorized wheelchair. And they said the chair will be ready in four to six weeks! Can you believe it? It looks as though I shall have some semblance of independence. Or possibly even, a whole lot of independence… depending on how well I adapt.

Anyway, I didn't think this would ever really happen. It was explained to me that approval would be difficult, due to the fact that I do not have a formal diagnosis, nor have I been approved for disability pay/compensation as of yet (the disability decision will be rendered on September 8th).

So yeah, this may really happen.

Also, my phone was in the process of dying a slow and not-able-to-be-fully-charged in a less than 16 hours kind of death. However I have a new phone now and I am adapting to its unique personality.

Oh, and in the least, I will post blog entries if anything substantial or particularly interesting happens on my end. :)

Take care,
Howard.

IMG_20220725_163538__01.jpg

Comments

Me too:)
Please keep on blogging if you feel up to it.
Never mind us going bananas in the comments:cool:
We are so seldom out in real life, with real controversies to deal with, we need to keep the ability to argue alive somewhere :squee:

on the other hand, with your new motor vehicle I guess you’ll be joining a gang and will have plenty with gang - stuff to do with less time and energy to blog.
And that’s ok. Whenever I miss your blogs I’ll just picture you cruising around:woot:
E1300201-CF37-4A76-819F-9B4A03881F73.jpeg

Me too:)
Please keep on blogging if you feel up to it.
Never mind us going bananas in the comments:cool:
We are so seldom out in real life, with real controversies to deal with, we need to keep the ability to argue alive somewhere :squee:

on the other hand, with your new motor vehicle I guess you’ll be joining a gang and will have plenty with gang - stuff to do with less time and energy to blog.
And that’s ok. Whenever I miss your blogs I’ll just picture you cruising around:woot:
View attachment 48621

Adorable photo of the little girl @Hufsamor. The wheels look so big for her, but those purple socks are the winners. She's so happy. Yours, Lenora

Yes, @Woof! certainly has wildlife where she lives. I don't think I'd want to go camping in such a place. Well, when you have dogs at least you have notice that something's around.

Exactly what's wrong with little geckoes, Howard? Perfectly acceptable little creatures that, for some reason, also seem to like living (or are trapped) indoors. Just look at them as baby dragons....dinosaurs, I believe they're in the same (@Woof! to confirm).

These aren't woodland creatures, but I find that I really miss lightening bugs and bullfrogs. To me, they're creatures of the night. Yours, Lenora

Yes, @Woof! certainly has wildlife where she lives. I don't think I'd want to go camping in such a place. Well, when you have dogs at least you have notice that something's around.

Exactly what's wrong with little geckoes, Howard? Perfectly acceptable little creatures that, for some reason, also seem to like living (or are trapped) indoors. Just look at them as baby dragons....dinosaurs, I believe they're in the same (@Woof! to confirm).

These aren't woodland creatures, but I find that I really miss lightening bugs and bullfrogs. To me, they're creatures of the night. Yours, Lenora

I LOVE geckos! We have anoles (little geckos) all over here, and they really like to stop and show themselves off. When they get in the house, they readily crawl up your arm so you can move them outdoors, and when they get cold-snapped in winter and they fall off the top of our doors in the morning, a little warming up inside brings them right back to life, ready to be put in the sunshine.

Love the lightning bugs, too, and the bullfrogs & treefrogs. Tree frogs are goofy. Sometimes we can hear the deep rumblings of a frog perched a few inches down a metal pole. Is it a bullfrog? No! It's a tiny green tree frog using the acoustics of the pole to sound big n' sexy! So, so silly!

See, we're all children at heart.

We used to have geckos clinging to the ceilings outdoors as they were attracted by the light. I didn't realize that a cold snap can partially paralyze them, so will bear that in mind. Our population is rather slim at the moment.

Absolutely nothing beats the magic and peace of watching lightening bugs. I used to see them occasionally when we hardly had any trees. Now there are trees and shade and no bugs. I understand they die very quickly...once they mate, they die. Which explain why all of the holes in the world (jar tops) couldn't guarantee a live duo in the morning. Magical though, aren't they?

Yes, I'll be the first to save the geckos. Yours, Lenora

Blog entry information

Author
Howard
Read time
1 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from Howard