• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Transdermal Part 2

Transdermal Part 2:

I am going to do some copying and pasting of what i wrote on PR in responses to posts.

There are MANY ways to go about this. I have found through research that approximately 70% is being absorbed into blood stream...varies on what it is, density, evaporation etc. This is compared to about 85% internal absorption, although highly unlikely the shape my gut is in has been absorbing that level. There are patch companies that make certain vitamins, meds etc through transdermal methods. Due to my mast cell being so severe i had to go about things very differently and add only certain vitamins, one drop at a time.

Using your intuition will go a long way. There is not much guidance in this area yet. I can only tell you how i went about it. I seemed to be showing serious signs of berberi, scurvy and severe vit. d deficiency in 2018/2019 confirmed by my lyme practioner. Yet i was having serious reactions to anything internal and often times through IV. So, i began this journey out of necessity to save my life. I have found inner thighs works well as the vitamins or meds have no place to go really before they are eventually absorbed. I also use abdomen, buttox, inner arms, over thyroid (only certain ones like zinc), feet and the less hair= more absorption. Honestly if i had someone to regularly put this on my spine, thats an ideal place as well. Depending on how severe your situation is and what frequency you need applications, you can wipe areas about 2 hours later with warm washcloths to keep skin clean. I am having issues with B1 causing mast cell reactions and skin sores...other than that its gone very well. I still need to get this resolved though. Always something!

You can use a pill crusher or just back of spoon and a plate etc. They sell glass dropper bottles on amazon and you can add a few drops of water to the pill and let it dissolve then add to skin, etc. You can go as slow or fast as you want to be observant of reactions etc. Most vitamins are available in liquid form...singles and many others.

Do not forget you can absorb MUCH through your feet too. In 2017 when i was stronger i was doing rosehip foot soaks with ancient minerals magnesium flakes and i was absolutely upping my c and mag levels. I unfortunately don't have access to frequent foot soaks anymore. If its an option for you, look into it. Its one of the best ways to get magnesium in body with very little intestinal effects. Ancient minerals also makes a fantastic magnesium lotion as well. Magnesium is needed by so very many of us, especially with this illness. I have tolerated it transdermally EONS better than all my internal attempts that produced either bad GI or neuro/agitation/inflammation issues.

I also want to add a good way to test these items on you is one drop on the wrist and put your wrists together and gently rub in clockwise motion (this also soothes the HPA axis and nervous system and tells your body all is well). In general, i am quite sensitive and can sometimes feel just by holding the bottle if i gel with something or not. I will feel strange sensations up and down my arm if i do not gel or hives/redness etc if i apply to skin. Depending on how severe you are, you can wait a few days and see how you do with that one drop then proceed from there or you can add more if you feel its safe to proceed. Again, intuition is key. Our bodies are really so much more intelligent than we give them credit for. You can also use this testing method when introducing a food you are unsure of etc.

I do hope this is helpful. Please write below if you would like me to further explore one of these areas etc.
Does anyone have any specific questions or stories of their own they would like to share in comments?

:heart:
sunshine

Comments

I think this is very valuable and appreciate you doing it. I imagine it might be useful to a wider outside audience....

The chinese herbs I use just go right in thru the skin and can be very impressive.

I wonder if there is more of a market for topical applications?

I did find this inspiring. I could do some foot soaking. I will report back....

I think this is very valuable and appreciate you doing it. I imagine it might be useful to a wider outside audience....

The chinese herbs I use just go right in thru the skin and can be very impressive.

I wonder if there is more of a market for topical applications?

I did find this inspiring. I could do some foot soaking. I will report back....

yeah, it really is amazing how underspoken and understudied this topic is.
Want to take it a step further? What do you think some of the make-up and nail polishes we wore for years did to us? Here we were always told those chemicals aren't entering our systems. Highly untrue. I wore cherry red nail polish for years and used to get so nauseous from vapors. Our bodies truly are sponges, we could go on and on about the implications of this...what we absorb in air, etc.

I look forward to you report and eager to hear what you experiment with in your foot soak!

What do you think some of the make-up and nail polishes we wore for years did to us? Here we were always told those chemicals aren't entering our systems.

well in my case I collided with almost no chemicals are used. For most of my life.

Altho of course they are everywhere, anyway.

I previously disclosed I can't do the girly stuff, and that includes lotion slathering and nail polishing.

I wonder how it is you can feel nail polish when you paint your toes ?

well in my case I collided with almost no chemicals are used. For most of my life.

Altho of course they are everywhere, anyway.

I previously disclosed I can't do the girly stuff, and that includes lotion slathering and nail polishing.

I wonder how it is you can feel nail polish when you paint your toes ?

yeah, i haven't been able to do chemicals in many years but i used to. Sigh. I mean our nails are still somewhat porous plus surrounding skin areas.

Hi @sunshine44 ..I have a question......

I ordered the Copiaba Oil/essential oil......to try out but could get the brand that was recommended ...(steam distilled).

What I ordered says its 100% pure. It seems to be for topical applications, while the recommended product was to be diluted and used sublingually.

I think I'm going to just try topical applications (diluted with some coconut oil)...

Curious if you have any opinion on that?

Also- thanks for posting above, I'd like to watch that. I have an unopened bottle of all Thiamine recommend by a friend who claimed it was doing Cure all Things.

It really helped her mother's peripheral neuropathy.

It seems I didn't launch that yet, as it involves some detoxing and maybe HERXING.

Hi @sunshine44 ..I have a question.....
I ordered the Copiaba Oil/essential oil......to try out but could get the brand that was recommended ...(steam distilled).

What I ordered says its 100% pure. It seems to be for topical applications, while the recommended product was to be diluted and used sublingually.

I think I'm going to just try topical applications (diluted with some coconut oil)...

Curious if you have any opinion on that?

Also- thanks for posting above, I'd like to watch that. I have an unopened bottle of all Thiamine recommend by a friend who claimed it was doing Cure all Things.

It really helped her mother's peripheral neuropathy.

It seems I didn't launch that yet, as it involves some detoxing and maybe HERXING.

@Rufous McKinney

Interesting you should ask! I used to be a certified (albeit amateur) aromatherapist. Copaiba is incredible for so many things (pain relief, anxiety and also an enhancer for whatever else you are utilizing) as you are probably already aware. Personally, i am not a fan of internal usage with essential oils and feel its much safer and more effective long term to use medicinal teas, etc. That being said i do use a essential oil toothpaste that i can tolerate (and spit out not swallow obviously). So, listen within, see what resonates with you. The essential oil industry is a jungle as you probably know. Some are not even close to essential oils. I used to love Young Living but they are of course ridiculously expensive and i do like Rocky Mountain Essential oils which are good but not as costly...i have heard there are other good brands these days as well but haven't used essential oils much for 4 years now so not very aware of the other brands these days. As a rule of thumb, many essential oils from grocery stories, big box stores say topical usage only because they are just trying to make a buck and their oils could be cut with other not so great things and other alarming practices we won't get into here. If you want to send me your brand, i might be able to tell you if its a decent brand or not and what their practices are. Also, always make sure to apply a carrier oil underneath essential oil (coconut oil, olive oil, sesame seed oil, etc., NOT butter or ghee). There are good dilution charts out there. I could do a blog post on this one day as this was the hub of what i used to teach others in my community, ha!

Yes, please make sure to do your own research on thiamine, it IS helping many BUT i don't think its necessarily the panacea. It is also very important you follow that magnesium and B complex need to go with this as high dose thiamine alone will cause issues none of us need.

I am excited for your new things you are adding to your healing protocol and please update me when you feel like it :)

Ps. I am going to work on a blog soon ISH haha on the process i am walking my body through on the whole and what organs to tackle first etc. There is SOOOO much information out there nowadays and i would like to share what i have learned through so many protocols and self education past 14 years.

Last edited:
Also @Rufous McKinney utilize the bottom of the foot reflexology chart pertaining to essential oils. For example, rub some coconut oil on, then a drop of your oil and gently massage the brain are (bottom of big toe) or liver and adrenals (middle) or heart (upper) or whatever body parts you are looking to stimulate or support that day. Think of your feet as straws. What you put on the bottom will make its way up to those organs within 2 minutes. Also, note if you taste what you put on your foot. The body is soooo intelligent if we just listen. For copaiba, specifically though depending on what you are utilizing it for....you would apply it to direct area for pain. Yet, i would apply lavender and lemon (diluted specific ratios) to bring down my toddlers fever on her feet and spine. Or massage vetiver on my big toe to relax and ground my brain and central nervous system. You might even feel sore areas on your feet which can sometimes me organ systems needing extra love and tlc. For instance, thyroid right under big toe etc. Gently massage and rub it for up to 5 minutes. Reflexology is a beautiful thing when used in conjunction with eo's.

utilize the bottom of the foot reflexology chart pertaining to essential oils.

Great advice, thanks!

I am already a firm believe in energetic medicine, working on the feet and it was years ago I was sold on the foot cure. What I would give to get that healer back in my life, but he has moved on to the next chapter.

I had this incredible book, from the 1960s that was written by a masseuse who figured out alot of energy work, and this darn book got burnt up. This has really bothered me, plus I don't exactly remember the title any longer, but need to see if its findable somehow. As this book is entirely about ALL THAT.

I recall seeing this Anthony Bourdain thing, where he gets his feet worked on...I think this is it if you need a few minutes of video history.

Particular people are particularly good at doing this type of thing and my healer I had for may years, did very specific foot things that were similar to the Malaysia method, focused on underneath the toe channels. Many of these types of skill are passed along via apprenticing....

https://vimeo.com/channels/travelchannel/478316

I recall seeing this Anthony Bourdain thing, where he gets his feet worked on...I think this is it if you need a few minutes of video history.

Particular people are particularly good at doing this type of thing and my healer I had for may years, did very specific foot things that were similar to the Malaysia method, focused on underneath the toe channels. Many of these types of skill are passed along via apprenticing....

https://vimeo.com/channels/travelchannel/478316

thank-you for sharing. I will watch :)

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from sunshine44