• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wtfwjd???

Sometimes I think I'm okay, I'm going to make it, this isn't so bad, & sometimes I think, I'm only trying not to die every day, & this might be the best it will ever be. It is hard to be the one on the list that no one knows what to do with, even the professionals & the experts. This is one of those days that I can't shake. Even at about a 5 with a B-12 shot, I quickly dwindled to a 3.

Crash of epic proportions now, so please forgive the brain fog. I am writing this after seeing another "expert," my dentist. I've felt like I was coming down with the flu (post nasal drip, feverish, weak), along with a swollen gum. I asked him what my crown was made out of, & he got super defensive, asked why I wanted to know, & then if I had an allergy to metals. I told him I had an M.E. diagnosis from the Mayo Clinic, & he acted as though he didn't hear me (typical). He pulled some kelp out of my gums (I knew this had been the culprit), & said I'd be OK (only I have kelp-eating-induced injuries). My fear is bacterial infection. I know that with MCS, we under-respond to viruses & cancer, stuck in T-2 mode, & over-respond to bacteria. Any Phoenox Rising Readers, feel free to chime in. My real question for a day that has ended on a 1.5 is WTFWJD? I'm angry, I'm isolated, I'm scared, I'm trying, I'm out of ideas, I'm afraid of being wrong about whatever I try to do to make myself better. This afternoon my kids have had to watch TV, & on top of it all, that makes me feel horrible.

Comments

So sorry to hear this. I hope you can find a better dentist! The dental area is just so fraught with questions and problems. It's so helpful to have a holistic dentist.

I would think that bacterial problems in the gums/teeth would be readily identifiable to a dentist. But what is causing the swollen gum? Is it next to the crown? Could there be an infection in there? Something is causing that swelling. Dental infections can be rough that's for sure. He said nothing about the swollen gum?

The swelling was caused from a sharp piece of kelp that got stuck in there (I don't think it was exactly next to the crown, but the tooth it was wrangled in has a crown), so we agreed that was causing the swollen gum. he said to use scope & it will be better soon, but i already am having weird pain in my ears. i'm hoping that it will now be able to resolve on its own. i hope to find a holistic dentist that takes insurance!

Blog entry information

Author
margib
Read time
2 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

• Daily doodal dandy
    Just testing this out
  • Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...

More entries from margib