• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Moons

Today, is the full wolf moon. It is actually peaking just about to the minute right now (which was not timed, haha). If you are anything like me, you probably feel full (and new) moons to some extent. Many of us are so out of tune with the cycles and rhythms of nature, that we at first think this must be gibberish....but in all actuality, the human body cycles with moons and has utilized them for many, many eons. This is not new. What is new, is that we forgot. What is new, is that this knowledge in general isn't taught or handed down anymore.

If you are a woman, you very likely know that your cycle will follow the moons when all is optimum in your body. Its a brilliant design and we truly live in such an incredible universe. There is always so much to explore and learn...if we just listen.

When the moon is at its fullest, a large percentage of people with chronic illness will feel its effects. This is mostly because of imbalances in our body and the moons can highlight these. It is not necessarily that we are being punished. It can be a good time to dive deeper into our body and develop a new layer of awareness if we are willing to sit (or lay) with it. If you cannot and you need to distract, thats ok too. There will be another full moon. For those with viral and bacterial manifestations of ME/CFS, the reproductive cycles of some of these organisms becomes more active. It is well known that the gravitational pull of Earth increases during full moons. This does not only effect ocean tides but the inner oceans of each of our cells. Think Macrocosm to microcosm. It also affects the electromagnetic influence on our bodies and this area is magnetized to our central nervous systems which as we know, quite a few of us in this group deal with issues in this area. I will attach a good article on the effects of geomagnetic, solar and other factors on the human autonomic system. That would be a separate topic on how solar weather effects the human body but their influences are interconnected.

"All biological systems on Earth are exposed to an external and internal environment of fluctuating invisible magnetic fields of a wide range of frequencies. These fields can affect virtually every cell and circuit to a greater or lesser degree." – Synchronization of Human Autonomic Nervous System Rhythms with Geomagnetic Activity in Human Subjects, a newly published study in the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health.

https://www.heartmath.org/articles-of-the-heart/effects-geomagnetic-solar-factors-humans/

Full moons work in tandem with being potential life shift helpers. If you track your lunar cycle, you will see that many life events such as break ups, new jobs, having children etc. can occur more frequently around these times. I had my daughter on a full moon and the hospital floor was absolutely packed, a few women were even laboring in the hallway. Our bodies consist of over 70% water and if you apply that to what we know about its effect on ocean tides you will understand the correlation to human emotions. Moons rule emotions, our feeling expanse is greatly heightened because we are at capacity during a full moon. Its effects are not here to punish us, some actually feel energized and stronger during them. A full moon is here to illuminate our shadow side. If you will, view it as a spiral. There are many layers to us and we would not always be inclined to leave our comfort zones and work on them to keep growing as human beings, so full moons help to push this envelope and present us with the opportunity to simply be aware of patterns or feelings in us and sometimes if we feel we are capable of more than awareness we take larger actions in certain areas to bring us closer to the harmony our inner self is focused upon.

There are many more things that can be said about full moons. If you are interested, i encourage you to do your own research and explore. I will post one of my favorite sound oracles soothing exercises to gently encourage your body to surrender and release what it is ready to this full moon. Always remember to listen within, your body truly does know the way and what its ready to process if you listen. You can do 3 minutes of it or 30. You can lay with eyes closed or walk around your space if needed (and if you can). Its your body, these sounds simply assist in releasing and recalibrating that which the body is ready to. Its intelligently designed.

Much love and healing this full moon everyone :heart:

Comments

Thanks Sunshine. I've written and spoken much about this through the years. Nice to see someone post about it here. Gives me the idea to share a different view of the moon, in a blog, that I was taught by my Native American mentor...
Best-

Thanks Sunshine. I've written and spoken much about this through the years. Nice to see someone post about it here. Gives me the idea to share a different view of the moon, in a blog, that I was taught by my Native American mentor...
Best-

beautiful! I look forward to the Native American perspective on it.

Blog entry information

Author
sunshine44
Read time
4 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from sunshine44

• Release into the new
    Well…. My body is STRONGLY feeling the pull of this eclipse. No...
  • Eclipse
    “There will be a time, when the dark finds out that it has been serving...
  • Let it go
    Hi everyone, Starting a new blog entry on it because … well I just am...
  • Pray
    If you pray, will you pray for me please? I have covid pneumonia and...
  • Good morning, January sun ☀️ ✨☀️
    “May the light illuminate all hearts” ~ author unknown From my room...