• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Day 82

The latest protocol can be found here: (https://www.researchgate.net/public...for_Rapid_Testing_of_HASD_CFSME_Disease_Model

But I am still on v3.2.

However I've started adding in chinese skullcap root £40 for 500g from Bristol Botanicals. I started with this thsi week but 2 days into 6g a day I was hit by a pretty bad immune response/herx and that means I've stopped taking it as I've now got an ulcer. My mouth dries out when my immune system is high and busy. So I am taking it slower for a bit to reset.

All the symptoms I mentioned months ago have gone and even though they sort of tried to come back post covid jab they've now been gone for well over 15 days:
  • ME sore throat
  • swollen lymph nodes
  • fatigue (this isn't 100% but I did manage to get rid of it a few days ago, I think this might be because I took extra thiamine which I might do again as my body seemed to lap it up and I had no fatigue when I awoke the next day)
  • breathlessness (only get this very occasionally but usually when my immune response is higher due to the glucan intake)
  • fatigue (on the whole it's 80% better - it was 100% gone prior to the covid vaccine #2 but I've just not been the same since that jab, it remains to be seen if that's a coincidence or not)
  • oral health and oral wound healing much better (haven't had an ulcer for about 3 months until this week and that appeared to correlate with higher immune response when taking chinese skullcap root 6g per day)
  • brain fog has completely gone, memory much improved, but still struggle at work understanding the complex systems I have to work with and my short term memory is really very bad. I am dyslexic so this is hardly surprising, but I feel like a lot of my symptoms of dyslexia got a lot worse with ME anyway.
  • cranial cervical junction inflammation gone
  • neck inflammation gone
  • neck pain gone
  • occipital lymph node swelling gone
  • MCAS (multi chemical sensitivty much improved but not gone)
  • stress response much better but have had some issues this week, possibly hormonal due to low DHEA - I will find out if this is the case next week when I get a blood test.
symptoms I still have
  • dizziness (mild or slightly worse, I have this mainly after dosing now)
  • energy envelope is still amazingly better than before and if I take bcaa's 5g in two split doses with lots of water, glycine/nac/panthentic acid and choline I can buffer PEM after a larger bout of exertion by a lot. Saying this I have no intention of exercising anytime soon. But ultimately I still have to pace and be careful, because I don't feel strong enough yet.
It's my hope that in a few weeks the immune response from the glucans will calm down, now that I've gone from 400mg a day to 1400mg a day it's bound to cause a few aches and pains (literally as this is what happens in the evenings).

After that I'll introduce the skullcap root for it's CVB 3 4 and 5 anti viral actions and it's CNS protecting abilities. Once the immune response is over from that I should also have some ok protection from any potential covid19 infection I end up getting at some point in the future.

By the time that happens I'll be due to get a vaccine booster, so will probably loose all the benefits I've gained on the protocol. I think until covid is a thing we undrestand, this is just how it's going to be for ME patients, which is really quite shit if you ask me.

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
godlovesatrier
Read time
3 min read
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in User Blogs

More entries from godlovesatrier

• Covid day 75
    Well since my last few updates I started to suffer from exhaustion and...
  • Covid Day 59
    After herxing a lot yesterday taking 250mcg of kpv for a bad head cold...
  • Covid day 56
    I started to feel better around day 40, lactoferrin 900mg a day...
  • Covid update
    Lung pain has definitely gone since taking two 5mg hydrocortisone doses...
  • Covid day 39
    I've got air hunger now which I haven't had for about two or three...